Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im got to get either a chip for my truck or a programer. I mainly want some thing that gives me more power and better fuel economy. I think im going to get a chip but i dont know which to get. So which is better and what do you use your chip or programer for.

2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
My experience with both is that on my '99 I bought a bully dog 6 position chip and bully dog sent me one of their triple dog tuners to try. With the chip you could feel the power all the time and with the programmer it was like a light switch... it drove stock until about half throttle then it would open up.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Do a search ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Can't go wrong with a DP Tuner, I have them in my trucks, and will replace the Edge Evolution in the Excursion with one when the wife ok's the spending of funds...

You'll need to do some supporting mods first, like intake/exhaust, and gauges...

My favorites are the DIY/6637 air filter for a great quick cheap intake, straight pipe the exhaust, (it's not too loud, hardly louder than stock) and you can get an Auto Meter gauge set from Summet for about $330 that includes EGT, Boost, and trans temp, along with an "A" piller pod to mount them in... then a DP Tuner, which cost me between $300 and $440, so all in all, you'll have $700-$900 in getting there, but the result are awesome.

Others on here are fans of tunes by others, TW, Beans, Swamps, PHP.... lots of them, do some research, check out the General 7.3 fourum also, lots more traffic there, and the Excursion is basicly a superduty truck with a SUV body, Most everything will interchange aside from body/lenth specific parts...

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Chip no questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts