Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chipped compressor wheel!!! Best bolt on replacement!?!?

So just bought a '00 7.3 and checked the turbo and she's got chips on the intake blades.... :crying: thinking of upgrading the turbo if i'm paying the money to replace it anyway. Thing is she's all stock so i'm not sure if it would be smart to throw the biggest baddest bolt on i can find. :| Any suggestions and or recommendations? :dunno:

·
Hate stupid people
8,795 Posts
Are you going to add power down the road? I.e. Injectors ?
If no then just replace it with a stock charger and maybe add a billet wheel.

If yes to future power, then go with a direct bolt on Garrett 38r turbo. Stock-500+hp capabilities.
It's been the most popular drop-in charger for MANY years.
Time tested/proven charger for thousands and thousands of truck.

I have 1 on my brothers 03 F350 and my dads 00 F450. Both are farm trucks and we've had zero issues on either in over 200,000 miles collectively of heavy towing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys.

I'm planning on keeping the truck for a long time and, sometime when i get the money, adding more and more performance parts but not right away. i want something i'm not going to have to replace when i reach that point, but also something that's not going to require me to beef up other parts of the engine quite yet.

I checked the intake side of the turbo, so if i got the terminology wrong and caused confusion, i'm sorry. I've checked the first thing the air contacts after the air filter, so probably the compressor wheel. i have yet to physically check the cylinder walls but have found little to no blow by gasses when i open the oil cap.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah pick a charger that will work with your final hp in mind.. That way you don't have to swap again down the line 😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts