Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SCT 4 pos chip that was for my early 99 PSD with a manual trans.
I dont have that truck anymore but I have another early 99 with a manual trans. Now the question is, when I got the chip for the first truck I had to get the 4 digit code from the back of the PCM so the guy could program the chip. I was going to put this chip in the truck I have now but the 4 digit code on the PCM is different, so will it still work or will it mess up the PCM?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
im pretty sure it will still work.. not positive tho, you could always just send it to get re-flashed.. when i had my custom tunes done i never gave my PCM code, just a list of my mods.. and my chip works better then i could have ever expected.. you should be ok with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to get it reflashed but they want $100.00 to do it, and Im saving for a chip from Twildman so I dont want to spend the the money on a reflash. thank you for the help I might put it in and try it I guess. I just dont want to mess up the PCM or the truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
if its just a standard 6 position chip tony could probably just re-flash yours.. id try contacting him and see what he says. it could save you some $$$$$

·
Registered
198 Posts
:doh: my bad.. i miss read the 4 position part.. haha.. he may still be able to re-flash it for you tho. it cant hurt to ask.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It only a 4 pos and its made by SCT, The knob is really small and poory made, it always falls off and its not really set up so you can mount it anywhere.

·
Registered
198 Posts
ohh.. gotcha. id definately save for a tw chip. i just got mine and i love it. i mounted the knob right next to the steering column you can barely see it. i only got 4 positions filled, thats all i had money for at the time, but i went thru raul at stealth.. great guys to deal with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool I cant wait to get mine, well thanks for the help I think im gonna go see if this one will work for now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
the reason he needed the code is because your truck is an early 99, there systems are different from the later trucks. your chip will work but if i were to sell you mine it would not work on your truck...

·
Registered
198 Posts
anytime.. hope it works for ya. it should work fine, just might not work to its full potential cuz its not matched for that pcm. but should still see and improvement.

·
Registered
796 Posts
it will work... and if it doesnt it wont hurt your pcm... just make sure you cleen it good before you jump to any conclusions. use paint or laquer thinner and a scotchbrite pad..

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I have a SCT 4 pos chip that was for my early 99 PSD with a manual trans.
I dont have that truck anymore but I have another early 99 with a manual trans. Now the question is, when I got the chip for the first truck I had to get the 4 digit code from the back of the PCM so the guy could program the chip. I was going to put this chip in the truck I have now but the 4 digit code on the PCM is different, so will it still work or will it mess up the PCM?

Thanks for your help.
It should work fine on the truck, you can call Cale at BTS, I am pretty sure he has a burner for the SCT chip, he can put some good tunes on there for ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts