Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody,
For the past few months ive been focused on my 92 mustang and the powerstroke was placed on the back burner but not any longer. My dad borrow my truck last week driving it to Columbia to work. 57 Miles one way. He avg a little more than 16 mpg over the week. The truck has 35s and an edge ez. I believe im going to start driving the truck seeing as I will be possibly selling the mustang. The truck has a diy intake and just a straight piped stock exhaust. If I put a larger exhaust system on the truck 4 inch turbo back no muffler what chip or programmer would be the best to use to get a little better fuel economy. Ive read where the tony wildman or ts tune of 140 got good fuel mileage. What do yall think?Thanks!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
you red right

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always liked the edge evo II had the monitor and all the features though. Anybody run a similar setup edge evo, straight pipe exhuast and and intake?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump......

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like my DP5, Just have to try to keep my foot out of it

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got the EVO2 and am quite satisfied with it. I couldn't tell you what mileage it gets as I haven't had a good trip on the truck since I put it in, but the power increase over stock is excellent.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blk88 does your evoII shove out some smoke??

·
Registered
96 Posts
On the "extreme" tune it does. On the "Race" tune you get a little haze, nothing crazy. I tried all 3 and ended up on the middle tune "Race" simply for the lack of smoke. The extreme tune was simply too much smoke for my liking, that and the EGTs could get up there if you stayed in the go pedal.

I'm sure it doesn't make as much power as the custom tuners, but it does what I need it to do.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont need anything special especially my truck pushing over 263k I like the way the evo monitors everything and can read trouble codes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you've driven it this long in the stock config, I can't see you being disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts