i need a chip or tuner asap
i have an early 99 with an 01 pcm
will then matter when ordering one ???
:dunno: :icon_ford:
how about a used one????

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
yes the PCM will matter. They will need the PCM code to burn the proper tunes.

My preference is Wildman for a chip

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what should i get a chip or a tuner, and what brands do you like
i have heard good things about the TS????

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
7.3 a chip, you can adjust on the fly and very simple to install.

Don't get a TS. Wildman, or DP tuner will be a much better chip from the get go! Ts will be cheaper but with tony or jody you will have a much better tune.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Why asap?

Take your time and research them all. You'll get what you want and you'll be informed about them all. :thumb:

You won't regret anything...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have looked and so far im liking the Dp Tuner. but no final decisions made yet!

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Hey you can't go wtong with a DP Tuner IMHO.
I love mine. Whatever you do, I would go with a custom burnt chip, and nothing over the shelf.

:twocents:

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I feel like a stuck record sometimes. Do some research and decide what's right for you. Don't let strangers tell you what to do with your truck. What might be perfect for me isn't right for you at all. You can't go wrong with DP or TW they are both excellent tuners. I went with Jody and I'm not sorry. Some say a chip is the only way to go, I myself have helped way to many people with problems stemming from a loose chip connection later down the road, and it can do some weird things. I didn't want to open my PCM so I can avoid all this. Shift on the fly is not a big deal for me as I stay in 1 tune 90% of the time, others can't live without shift on the fly. With a programmer I gained a code reader ( something every PSD owner should have) as well as a diagnostic tool that will aloow me to monitor certain variables in my powertrain. I can even go in and fine tune the tune files for my specific needs, although with DP Tunes I haven't needed to do this. I can also correct my speedo for different tire sizes etc.... so you see you need to do what's best for you and not anybody else. Whatever you do don't go throwing a chip or programmer at a stock powertrain without doing the supporting mods first, gauges, intake, exhaust, and auto trans support in the way of a VB.
Good day, PM me with any ?

NCH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts