Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
If you key is like mine it will have a little "S" at the base of it.

Watch out Ford like to charge just a bit for a new one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You can get the Transponder/PATS/SecuriLock keys off of E-Bay for $10 with instructions on how to program them yourself as long as you already have two programmed keys.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i checked the window sticker and it says securilock is standard and my key has a S at the base of it so i guess its chipped.
Chris

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
I guess make sure you know the combo on the door, that is unless you lose you keys:doh:

I'm in the same boat don't want to pay for a new key but I sure would be nice to have one just incase:nod:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my main reason was i am adding a viper alarm and there is another item needed for the factory system to work with the viper plus to know the shop is not boning me a extra $150 for something not needed.
Chris :icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Im pretty sure its standard in the 08 and up models. Why Ford waited until 08 to start that I will never know. It has been standard on the F150 since 99 and the Ranger since 2000.

I made a 3rd key to use with my Viper alarm.

You can get a mechanical key made with no chip to open the doors if you want to keep a spare hidden under the truck or in you wallet. And check with you local locksmiths, most shops can make transponder keys now and charge a lot less then the dealers. Plus you wont have to schedule an appointment like most dealers require.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts