Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have an early 99 PS, have DIY intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, and i was wondering the best chip for my money. i will also need gauges so help with those would also be appreciated.

i would prefer digital gauges as opposed to a pillar mount but any will do.

for a chip i am looking for multiple settings, preferably something with a smoke setting :woot:

also, the tymar intakes that i see on alot of rigs, where is the best place to get that filter? as well as the tubing to connect to the stock intake tube.

i am also thinking of doing the zoodad mod so if anyone knows where i can find a step by step how to, or has anything to say (positive or negative) about this i would really like to know.

thanks in advance :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh awesome that package sounds like exactly what im looking for, thanks!

as far as the gauges go, are they difficult to install?

and when you say on the fly, i assume you mean i can just be driving down the road and switch to a different setting?

thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
dp tuner and quadzilla monitor. monitors more than simple gages cheaper and can be upgraded i have both on my early 99 and im very happy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also have a 1999 with diy intake and Farmboy Diesel 4" straight pipe. I got my 6 Position chip with Tony Wildman tunes and autometer guages from Raul @ Stealth.Raul was very informative and shipping was quick.The Wildman chip is awesome ....it improved throttle response and driveability on the lower tunes and made my truck extremely agressive on the higher hp tunes.You will not be dissapointed.....I now roal coal on halfton gassers every:thumb: chance I get:woot::woot:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
had one more quick question, nothing has to be done with the tranny or anything else if i put a chip in does it? truck has 160K miles, runs like new but i still dont wanna tear it up

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Put in a valve body when you do the chip. Let the tuner know what valve body you are going to get so the chip can get tuned correctly. That will help make the trans live longer with the new found power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts