Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, glad to have finally found a decent forum for psd's.

I decided I want to make some changes to my truck. 95 f350 crew cab 4x4 SRW, manual trans with 297,000 miles. I want better fuel economy, thats the exuse Im using to justify spending the cash, I get 15-17 now. I want to be able to smoke the tires if I want but for the most part, Im pretty calm while driving.

From what Ive been reading on here, I will go with a Wildman Chip and some gauges. Probably the combo from Raul. My questions are...

How many mpg's should I gain with the econo setting?

What gauges are absolutely neccessary? dont want to just throw money away if I dont have too.

What is the highest setting I should get with everything stock?

·
Registered
771 Posts
The best thing that you can do first, is your exhaust... get a 3" downpipe for you old body style truck and a straight through exhaust.

Since you are a manual, just get the boost and EGT gauges.

Fuel mileage will go up a little, the most help will be how you drive it after the chip.

You can choose whatever settings you like... just get the gauges at the same time and you will be good to go. The exhuast, especially the downpipe, is a necessity for an old body style truck.

·
Registered
791 Posts
:ORG welcome:Glad you found us a lot great info here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with the second post...First things first....INTAKE AND EXHAUST...Then a T. Wildman chip accompanied by an EGT and Boost Gauge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So whats a good intake, Ive found s&b and afe so far and I like the afe stage 2. What experiences have yall had with it?

For the exhaust, is there a specific kit you can recommend? Ive been looking at this stuff for so long, its becoming a blur.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm running a Tymar intake (open style intake with with donaldson replaceable filters) and a custom 4" straight pipe... There are many vendors of all kinds of thing out there as I am sure you are well aware. You may try giving Dale Isley a call...You can find his number at Future Home of Tymar Performance

He is very knowledgeable and can get you setup very nicely...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Intake... DIY Tymar or AFE, Exhaust... pick how much you want to spend, you can get a budget kit from Farmboys Diesel or spend some cash on MBRP... I like my MBRP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I ordered gauges and a chip today. Intake and Exhaust tommorow. I went with econo, tow and street for the chip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts