Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I am new here so please bear with me.
I recently purchased a Ford F-350 2002 model, with 7.3L engine. Every thing on the truck works fine. BUT after I start it up and have all seat belts fastened, (no warning lights on instrument panel) the darned chime starts chiming. It chimes 5 times then waits 10 seconds then repeats itself 4 times.
(20 chimes in all). This occurs about every 10 minutes.
Can any of you offer some insight here? Is it possible to disable the darned chimer thingy?
Thanks
Screwbean

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes It can be disabled I did mine i will have to look in my book again to find how to do it it consists of buckling and unbuckling turning key on and off .

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Or simply disconnect the plug under seat

·
Registered
796 Posts
There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:
The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts