Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About me, I am a married father of two. I was recently medically retired from the U.S. Army after 28 years. I've been Armor, Trans, Infantry Drill Sgt, Chemical, and much as I hate to admit it... recruiter. (that last one was not my fault... I never lied to any recruits, never got my gold badge either)

Got hurt last trip over. Iraq trivia = an IED can make an M-915A2 (semi-truck) jump up about 6 feet. I sit at home and just happened to find this sight. I am also on warrifles.com (Space Ghost). It is a good survival type sight with good folks. As bad as the news gets... it appears there are decent people out there. Glad to be on board.

Here's the weird part... I don't have a truck... yet. Traded one of my last trucks in for the wife to get a new mini-van. (is that love or what?) Of course 2 years later, I still haven't let her forget it either. Then lost my '66 F-100 in a flood. I got 70% disability from the VA, Soc sec coming and I will soon be looking for a truck.

Always been a Ford guy. :icon_ford: I like the Cummins I-6 (my dad's retired from Cummins) but don't like Dodge or Chevy truck styling these days. Fords have always had a great look. I'll be looking for an '03-07 Crew cab 4x4 dually 6.0 power-stroke, with auto trans. Love to find a King Ranch. Probably in the 15-20 G range, or not much higher. I want to buy ca$h. Mechanically, good will do, but I need rust free.

I'm looking to buy my LAST truck; a truck to keep "'till death do us part". In the mean time, (could take 60 days to get my soc sec check) I'll read and learn. Again... Glad to be on board.

PS. I didn't vote for the guy, don't blame me. :tard:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!! Thank you for your service!!

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome aboard Sarge:thumb:

Thanks for your service.

Funny you mention lying ot recruits.

I'm still friends with my old recruiter from back in the 70's!:hehe:

Good guy, lifer and shot straight. His son is following in his foot steps now and is sf somewhere in the sand or hills (never know from week to week).

I"m in the same boat with you. Don't have a truck yet but am looking.

Stay safe, sorry to hear about the medical but hope you're ok.

Good luck with the truck purchase:thumb::thumb:

Semper Paratus!! (yeah, I jumped ship;) )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the org. Glad you are here with use. Still friends with my recruiter we ride harley's together even though I have been medically retired out also. Thank you for your service.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. And to those of you who serve/served, thanks. I have looked at some of the trucks in the classifieds.

Question, Other than military vehicles, this will be my first, and only diesel, as I plan on growing old with it. Therefore, I need to know if any of you can point me in the right direction as to what to check for when shopping for a used 6.0 Power-stroke. I have been reading some of the threads, but don't get all the lingo/acronyms you guys use when talking about different parts, mostly the electronic computer control stuff. You know, the kind of stuff the army DON"T have on a White or Cummins powered 5 ton. I saw the "what to look for" thread, and it has good basic info, however I'm wanting to know what kind of stuff to look for in a modified truck, as they mostly are. (I am hoping to find a good stock truck and do each mod myself, so I know just what is stock and what is not.)

My performance goals will be modest. I'll want a good balance of power and mileage, hopefully a little better in both areas than stock. I will stomp on it once in a while, can't help it... I'm a guy, but I'll never put it on the 1320. I may pull at the 4-h fair, and I will pull a camper, but again, no serious competitions going on. I will want dependability and longevity above all. Well, plus a nice rumbly sound...

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
:welcome1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts