Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 7.3 International that has mixed diesel into the oil. I drained 3 gallons out and it got down to where it SHOULD be on dipstick. Any ideas or help. Thanks a bunch, this is my first time dealing with a diesel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel in Oil

It's only got 73k miles. How big of a deal is this? SHould I just change the oil and swap it? I don't t want to pass on my problems and would tell the dealer about it, I need a smaller truck anyway. I just don't want to tear it up driving it to dealer. TIA

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its either the orings on the injectors or its the injector cups in the heads. Thats about the only way it can happen. Ive seen 1 other do this at my dealership and it was just the oring on 1 that blew out. If you need the cups head removal is required unless you dont care about metal shavings in the combustion chamber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
would any of this explain a runaway engine..it happened to me and im trying to diagnose why...it was crazy it just went up to full throttle i pulled the key out and it kept running...now i have diesel in the oil aswell...would that explain the runaway?
please help

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
would any of this explain a runaway engine..it happened to me and im trying to diagnose why...it was crazy it just went up to full throttle i pulled the key out and it kept running...now i have diesel in the oil aswell...would that explain the runaway?
please help
your better off startin your own thread to get this answered...that way people see what you wanna know in the title...and then this thread doesnt get :hijack:

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes the oil in the diesel makes your engine run away, I had exactly the same, the engine starts running on oil (damp), I almost crashed mine...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts