Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out eating yesterday when i got there it was fine but when i got in the truck to leave i turned on the key n the lite came off n stayed on when it started still ok took it to auto zone and a turbo code came up i dont remember what it was ,but taking it back to the dealer again today i got the truck with 90 days parts n labor just wondering what it can be now

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
i was out eating yesterday when i got there it was fine but when i got in the truck to leave i turned on the key n the lite came off n stayed on when it started still ok took it to auto zone and a turbo code came up i dont remember what it was ,but taking it back to the dealer again today i got the truck with 90 days parts n labor just wondering what it can be now
Hi. Get us the code and we can help dig in further. Lots of codes out there...so having it will help to narrow things down.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'm not sure the autozone code readers can pull all the codes our trucks throw.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
its the famous p0299 code steeler dealer cant get it in for 2 weeks , yeah right oh well
What I'm tting to say is, that code normally doesn't throw a light. I think you have something else going on that the cheap code reader is not pulling.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow it goes to ford dealer in 2 weeks again thanks for all the info .i never lost sleep over my 7.3 n this truck is driving me crazy

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i take the turbo apart on the truck to clean it or does it have to come off im getting a chatter out of it when i step on the trottle

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well not going to take turbo apart i will ford do it but i did find the back clamp that holds the exhaust pipe on was very loose and in park should i get any boost reving it up the needle moves very little but driving it ,it goes past 20lbs.easy

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You may want to tighten that clamp, that wil cause the p0299, and loss of boost. If you have a warranty, let the dealer, check it out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
man i looked at a new one 2013 almost same as i got excab 8 ft bed leather interrior 48000. ,and they would give me 15000 for mine wow no way and no more looking my wife said lol

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
man i looked at a new one 2013 almost same as i got excab 8 ft bed leather interrior 48000. ,and they would give me 15000 for mine wow no way and no more looking my wife said lol
Go ahead, people do it every day. Lol Second mortgage. The sticker on my 04 was $46k!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts