Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on. had the code read its an EGT code havent had any issues with temperature or overheating. truck is running as well as before. Any suggestions on what it could be or what i should look for. Also code says number 4 injector is weak. I just had all the injectors replaced with the elite 90 stage 2 injectors less then 300 miles ago. is there any other reason i might have that code? the truck is a 2006 F350. any answers help

·
Registered
74 Posts
:usa: :icon_ford:

I don't know about the injector issue, but EGR may be just a typical Ford EGR issue, it sucks!!!. Try removing the EGR, cleaning it with a good engine degreaser, let it dry really good, reinstall, (with new O rings & gasket), and leaving it unplugged. I still get the CEL, but truck runs great and I have no EGR valve issues and soot is kept to a minimum.

:thumb::ban:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I actually went ahead and did an aftermarket EGR delete kit cost me about $900 but definitely worth it. No CEL more power less heat, less soot. would advise anyone with a 6.0 to do so

·
Registered
74 Posts
CEL

:icon_ford:

Haven't checked CEL of late. But, I can pull up code with my Superchips tuner.
:dunno: :crazy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts