Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, i have a 2002 powerstroke f250 with the 7.3 and ive had a ts performance chip on it for about a year now. I recently decided to take the chip off due to gas prices. Once i removed the chip i plugged and made sure the computer was back in, Now im getting the check engine light? and the truck will not start. Is there a certain uninstall procedure for chips or what should i check or try? I need to at least get the truck started so i can get it to a shop. if anyone could help, please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, check all the pins their good not bent or anything. which fuses should i check and where might they be located? under the drivers side by the pcm?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok checking the fuses, there are 5 bigger fuse boxes correct under the hood? ive never messed with those kinds of fuses so how do i know to see if their blown?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Have you checked your fuses yet? Does your wait to start light come on when you cycle the key?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not sure how to check the bigger fuses to see how their burnt? when i turn the key, the wait to start light and check engine light stay on, they dont go off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i spoke to someone local about this problem with the check engine light and wait to start light staying on and the truck not firing up. he told me to check something around the fuel heater or something like that. Said to disconnect some kind of harness then try to start it up, Im not sure what or where he is talking about. if anyone could help that would be awesome..thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am by no means a tech. but I'd venture to say he may be talking about disconnecting the fuel heater which is on the back side of the fuel filter housing. IIRC it is a white connector on the back of the housing. I think the fuse for this is #30 under the dash. I don't remember what the amperage is but check it also. BTW, welcome to the ORG.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you can sheck the big fuses with a multimeter on the continuity setting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i got the heater wire disconnected. it still wouldnt start. checked all the fuses and their good. the funny thing is the check engine light and wait to start light stay on constantly. what next?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts