Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2001 psd and his check engine light came on but it didnt throw any codes.. it has a real bad miss in it at any rpm.. it has no power.. and it sounds like it is only firing on about half of the cylinders..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help us out? im gonna go look at it when i get off work.. i was just kind of wanting to know something going in..

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Your going to need a diagnostic computer.

But it sounds like it is either a UVC wiring problem or injector problem. You can remove the valve covers and check the UVC harness. Then start the truck up and see if it is running better. If not you can unplug one injector at a time till the truck runs with no difference. Once you do that then mark that injector or write down which cylinder it was. Then continue till you get done with all 8 cylinders.

Once you find out which cylinders are not firing, you can look at those cylinders.

If you can get a diagnostic computer. I would do an Injector Buzz Test, and Cylinder Contribution test.

You will need a scanner or diagnostic computer that is capable of doing KOEO ( Key On Engine Off) and KOER ( Key On Engine Running) tests.

·
Registered
39 Posts
More then likely the UVC wiring harness is coming loose or has a bad connection. Just recently happened to mine. Got a new harness on the way, but tied the harness together with some tie wire to get her back up and running again until it arrives.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have a good scanner at school.. but i cant get it to the school to check..

·
Registered
2 Posts
this happened to me also, an intermitant check engine with a bad miss, pulled valve covers and the uvc harness was almost unpluged-i bought new ones and they pluged in tight-all good now

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
has it at all ever lurched, even the tinyest bit when at a stop light? or missed when accelerating??

mine did that, and 2 days ago it would idle real low and sound like a big cam muscle car.. turned out the UVC melted... make sure its tight!

well, mine was tight, and snapped in.... but, CHECK IT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts