Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 9-18-11 I installed a DP Tuner on my 95 F250. It ran good that day through out all HP settings . 60 ecno 80 ecno 100 per and 80 tow.
I drove it around 100 miles that day , mostly on 60 ecno no problems.
The truck set up all week, didn't drive it again until friday the 23rd.ran it about 70 miles that time on 60 hp ecno. All worked fine again . On saturday i drove it again no problems,all interstate driving, until i came to a stop it started a little miss and rough idle then check engine light came on , when started down the road again noticed loss of power and when check engine light would go off truck would die, and it would start back up , i could keep truck running when i stopped by brakeing it and give it gas at the same time.
Took the DP Tuner out and still have a check engine light, noticed when i got on interstate if i turned off the OD and kept RPMs' up the check engine light would go away.when slow back down to city stop and go it gets worst again Checked fuel lines,drained fuel bowl twice , Any suggestions???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine has a rough idle when i stop to but they only time the engine light comes when iam re tuning my tuner/chip. havent heard of that man

·
Registered
27 Posts
maybe get a diognastics test threw it should tell u what the problem is?

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Keep the tuner off and get the codes cleared or disconnect batteries for a while and restart it and see how it does. If codes reappear then let us know what they are

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tnx, I got it fixed shortly after making this post. I talked with Jody at DP Tuner,, he sent me in right direction. I had to replace the Injector Control Regulator and ICP sensor. Runs like a champ now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts