Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'Check Brake System' message keeps popping up. I took the truck in to the dealership, and they said it was because my rear brakes were worn out and the brake fluid was low.

Since the dealership wanted $360 just to change out the rear brakes, I took my truck home and changed them myself and checked the brake fluid.

Needless to say, the check brake system is STILL on with new rear brakes and a topped off brake fluid.

Does anyone have any other ideas of what to check? I don't really want to waste my time and money at the dealership.

Thanks in advance.

Colby
Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Speedometer

· Master Tech
858 Posts
The 'Check Brake System' message keeps popping up.
The message center provides brake system warning messages for the following concerns and status:
  • Low brake fluid level
  • Parking brake status and faults
  • ABS faults
When a base brake system fault exists, the ABS module sends the brake (red) warning indicator request to the GWM over the HS-CAN2 to display the check brake system message center warning. So, after repairing/inspecting your brakes and fluid level you might want to plug in a scan tool and retrieve any codes that might be present. The yellow ABS light does not necessarily have to be illuminated for there to have been a fault detected and a code stored.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The message center provides brake system warning messages for the following concerns and status:
  • Low brake fluid level
  • Parking brake status and faults
  • ABS faults
When a base brake system fault exists, the ABS module sends the brake (red) warning indicator request to the GWM over the HS-CAN2 to display the check brake system message center warning. So, after repairing/inspecting your brakes and fluid level you might want to plug in a scan tool and retrieve any codes that might be present. The yellow ABS light does not necessarily have to be illuminated for there to have been a fault detected and a code stored.
Thank you! I'll hook up the truck today and see if there are any codes in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts