Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo yeah i got pulled over for not having mudflaps on my truck the other night and i actually got a fix it ticket! what kinda crap is that....better yet it wasnt even in California! anywaysss im looking for an expensive way to MAKE or buy nice flaps but have no clue where to start.....any ideas guys?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
soo yeah i got pulled over for not having mudflaps on my truck the other night and i actually got a fix it ticket! what kinda crap is that....better yet it wasnt even in California! anywaysss im looking for an expensive way to MAKE or buy nice flaps but have no clue where to start.....any ideas guys?
Well you could always get some 24K Gold flaps with 10K Diamonds in them:hehe:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

You should just be able to pick some up at Autozone or any automotive shop for like $20.:dunno:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol.... that would looook SICKKKKKK on my truck dont you think hahhaa. yeah ive been looking at like autozone and places like that bt alll they have here in Havascrew is like for stock trucks and my truck has a 6" lift on 37's soo yeah...its like trying ot find a needle in a freakin hay stack out here

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
lol.... that would looook SICKKKKKK on my truck dont you think hahhaa. yeah ive been looking at like autozone and places like that bt alll they have here in Havascrew is like for stock trucks and my truck has a 6" lift on 37's soo yeah...its like trying ot find a needle in a freakin hay stack out here
Ahh I see. Could you get some big rig flaps and maybe trim them down to the size you are looking for?:dunno:

IDK just trying to help. I don't know much about flaps sorry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats probably what im going to have to do soo that suxxx... ohhhh well though what can ya do. what suxx even more the cop straight out told us he was looking for people who have been driking and needed a reason to pull us over and both myself and my fiance were stone *** sober driving home from cali and he still gave us the ticket.....bullish huh....lol

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
yeah thats probably what im going to have to do soo that suxxx... ohhhh well though what can ya do. what suxx even more the cop straight out told us he was looking for people who have been driking and needed a reason to pull us over and both myself and my fiance were stone *** sober driving home from cali and he still gave us the ticket.....bullish huh....lol
Yea pretty petty but on the other hand I would rather them stop someone for something minor and find out they were drinking then to just let them go. Cracking down on DUI/DWI is great but giving someone a trivial fix-it-ticket because they were sober sucks the big one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not very cheap but Cabelas sells a kit you hook to your hitch.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
why do you have to have mudflaps????

·
Banned
0 Posts
Federal DOT laws state that from the mid-line of the tire up must be covered. Most states have their own laws stating that mudflaps must be a certain distance from the tire and be within so many inches of the ground. My F-350 was technically not legal when it left the dealer as new but nobody really picks on a non-lifted truck.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I thought it was only Duallys that had to have mud flaps. I was pulled over in a dually one time that was missing one, but have never heard of it for a single wheel. Maybe its different in texas or for lifted trucks.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
I dont have any on mine, and I havent been pulled or anything. There is a couple of lifted duallys here an they dont have em either. where can you buy a set for duallys?

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
For my old Chevy dually, i got them at a truck accessorie shop.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
oh ok I guess I just never heard of this

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I used cheap auto parts store mudflaps and bolted to them half of a diamond plate mudflap. It works really well and looks decent too. The rocks from gravel roads were beating the paint off of my truck.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
I'm thinking about buying mud flaps from this place I found that has "drill less" ones. They look nice IMO nice price though...

Ford Truck Mud Flaps And Mudflaps For Custom Ford Trucks

I bought mine through Duraflap. I can tell you that you wont find a better person than Dennis. he took care of me with any problem i had. I had originally bought them in Idaho, i had problems with 2 different sets curling into my tires ( bad batch of plastic material, not dennis' fault) . We worked on the issue and he finally got a real good material that will not curl. I love them, and wont buy flaps from anyone else. trust me when i say that Dennis and his wife Nina, gave me the best customer service ever. I can post pics of my flaps if ya'll want me to. let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah this whole thing is bull**** honestly.... i mean i live in Lake Havasu City, Az. and i mean how many BIGGGG *** trucks come thur here with thier boats and none of them get pulled over for not having mudflaps and Havasu being a small town there isnt crap open once i get off work cause everything here closes at like 5pm and most shops are closed on the weekends and we HAD 5 days to get it fixed but it makes it a little difficult to do when stuffs not open. soo im rollin rebellious right now nd not puttin em on. and what sux even moreee is that you have to have the ticket Signed and dated by the store who instaled them on the truck.... its not like you can take it to a cop "friend" and just have them sign it off.....yep yep. suxx *** but what can ya do! ohh well....time to go wash the truck now! HAH later guys... thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Try your local truck stop, those are open all night :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts