Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna fight back at the government? If 50% of the population didn't drive for one whole day all the oil companies would go bankrupt!!!! This is the only way that I can think of fighting back.....

·
Registered
792 Posts
This would not work. We would still have to drive and no way could you get 50% of people to stay home all day.

Urban Legends Reference Pages

·
Registered
659 Posts
it all sound good on paper.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Ummmm that would be great if you could accomplish that.

·
Registered
521 Posts
You would have to get the whole world envolved since the US is exporting it's oil.
And Importing others.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Wanna fight back at the government? If 50% of the population didn't drive for one whole day all the oil companies would go bankrupt!!!! This is the only way that I can think of fighting back.....
What does the government have to do with oil prices to begin with. :hehe:

·
Registered
792 Posts
What does the government have to do with oil prices to begin with. :hehe:
They wouldn't get their 18 cents a gallon...

:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In 1997 they did a trial run of this and gas dropped 35 cents in one night....

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Heck you can't even get 50% of the people to vote-I think you have the same chance as a snowball.
I agree

did you know that every time you drink a soda pop, open a bag of chips or eat a candy bar you are putting money into ExonMobils pocket. They make all of the candy wrappers, chip bags, soda pop labels, and even beer bottle labels

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
In 1997 they did a trial run of this and gas dropped 35 cents in one night....
Really???
Not according to the Energy Infomation Administration report from that year.

Gasoline Prices Responded to Change in Market Balance
Despite relatively flat crude oil prices during summer 1997, spot gasoline prices responded to the
dramatic increase in July gasoline demand and drop in inventories by turning up sharply at the end
of summer (Figure 2.8). Spot gasoline prices had been climbing slowly since late June as markets
began to tighten. Towards the end of July, gasoline spot market prices began to rise sharply, as
buyers were confronted with rapidly expanding consumption and declining stocks. With little
discretionary inventory left, and facing the prospect of even higher demand in August, prices rose
rapidly as market fundamentals tightened and precautionary buying added upward pressure.
During one week, from July 24 to July 31, New York Harbor spot conventional gasoline prices rose
over 10 cents per gallon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with Choctaw.

Now if you could get people to all buy from one company or boycott Exxon then you might have something. But I still get the snowball feeling as...

"A person is smart, but put them together and people are STUPID!!"

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ahh c'mon now, I have Exxon stock :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts