Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody, im relatively new to diesels, i have driven one for about 2 years as a work truck. i have a 99 f250 superduty, i plan on cutting te exhaust and cat. what else can i do that is cheap or free to gain hp and sound?

·
Registered
736 Posts
the zoodad mod

·
Registered
956 Posts
That napa air filter deal is pretty cheap. Just need a piece of 4" pipe and a filter 6637 was it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i read the tech files for both of these, might do the filter one, but not the zoodad, cut my pipes right in front of the cat, sounds great, got a piece of 4 inch bent dryer piping clamped it on to the end of it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
DIY boost fooler, DIY coolant filter, DIY intake... just to name a few.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DIY boost fooler, DIY coolant filter, DIY intake... just to name a few.
are these all safe to do?

my 99 has 260k miles on it. it still runs like it did new. im just wondering because im going to a city college and dont want to break down for something i did.

·
Registered
796 Posts
are these all safe to do?

my 99 has 260k miles on it. it still runs like it did new. im just wondering because im going to a city college and dont want to break down for something i did.
safe?? of course... easy too. look them up in the tech files. you dont need a boost fooler if your dont have a chip though...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
safe?? of course... easy too. look them up in the tech files. you dont need a boost fooler if your dont have a chip though...
thanks ill definitely do the diy intake, ill look into the filter

·
Registered
796 Posts
the filter is a good investment. especialy on higher mileage trucks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was looking at the foil delete mod, i looked at my truck, but found it had no foil and it was shiny metal. is this normal? do i have the older 99 7.3?

·
Registered
646 Posts
What is your build date on driver door?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i guess i have the older 99. not what i thought, at least i have more stock hp and torque though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you could do the 5.6k resistor mod, will give it probably 50hp and it only costs $1 for a pack of 5 at radio shack. will idle a little rough, but great throttle response. if you dont like how it idles you could put in a 10k, wont give as must power but will idle smoother.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you could do the 5.6k resistor mod, will give it probably 50hp and it only costs $1 for a pack of 5 at radio shack. will idle a little rough, but great throttle response. if you dont like how it idles you could put in a 10k, wont give as must power but will idle smoother.
i was going to do this today, but i m a little worried, as some people reported, their sensor was damaged.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Not without a good set of gauges though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
never heard of it hurting the sensor i did it to my truck before i bought my chip and the sensor is fine. i also know a few people that did it and as far as i know they had no problems. but gauges are never a bad idea when u put power to these 7.3s they like to make egts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I heard the 5.6k will ruin your mpg the 10k isnt so bad they say. Not sure. You have an early 99 like mine

1 - 20 of 56 Posts