Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and my buddy were cruising in fort collins this weekend when we hit a light with a new charger all rimed up.when the light turned he had me at first because i did not do any boost off the line but about a sec later he was gone.we ended up racing a couple of times every time the same thing.so we pulled over and i asked him what motor it had and it only had the HOv6.i must say ran pretty good for a little car.he was even more impressed on my 8000lbs truck smoking him like nothing

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
good kill ...beating little cars is fun

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not to knock the truck, afterall, outrunning a car doesn't just happen "because"... But the V6(3.5L) Charger is only at 250hp in a near 4,000 lb car. The bad thing is, it only makes about 250 ft-lb torque too, so that car isn't running very fast without help. Torque is EVERYTHING in short runs.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats why i had to ask what engine he had because he really didnt even give me a run.ha ha

·
Registered
738 Posts
3700lbs with 250hp at 6400rpms, its gonna take awhile to get up to speed. the r/t and srt8 would have been a different story. srt8 would have smoked you, r/t would beat you but not by too much. thats assuming you aren't pushing 450hp

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would sure hope a hemi charger would beat me in a race if not i would call dodge and tell them how much of a joke that they produced.

·
Registered
198 Posts
dont stock r/t's run like low to mid 14's?

The srt8 i think gets into the 12's not sure thoguh, correct me if im wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
so me and my buddy were cruising in fort collins this weekend when we hit a light with a new charger all rimed up.when the light turned he had me at first because i did not do any boost off the line but about a sec later he was gone.we ended up racing a couple of times every time the same thing.so we pulled over and i asked him what motor it had and it only had the HOv6.i must say ran pretty good for a little car.he was even more impressed on my 8000lbs truck smoking him like nothing
If you're a 7.3 the v6's run mid to high 15's depending upon driver. So most of the chipped 7.3 can take them.
The 6.0's can usually keep up with all but the SRT8's...

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Ask Craig if a r/t scares me :)

The "oh $hit" on the r/t guy's face was priceless when I caught him. :) I was just worried I scared Craig. :doh:

Now srt8 is a different story. Let me replace my turbo and I should be good to go.
When you replace that turbo.....I wanna know, cuz I want to ride :nod:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I killed a lady driving a RT "daytona" last week.. that sounds bad I killed a RT daytona with a lady driving it last week. I really dont think the base hemi cars are very impressive.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did she know that race was even happening.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Not only that, but they have a button on the dash that if it's on will make that car a dog compared to when it's off........

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
They need a standard and somebody that's not afraid to drive it. The rpm must be kept up at the top. A 4 cylinder with 200HP should be enough with the standard in a 4000 lb car.

·
Registered
738 Posts
200hp i4 in my 2700lb civic wasn't enough for me, add 1300lbs on top of that and electric golf carts would be passing it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts