Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've gotten the 3 easy ones done, now I'm trying to do the rear drivers side fuel port.
My turbo is removed, and just sitting in there so I can check clearances for other items.
What is causing problems is the up pipes. I don't think there is enough clearance to get a -6 an fitting screwed down onto my adapter. So I'm guessing I need to remove the up pipe and put a 90* fitting in?

I don't feel ambitious enough to remove my up pipes, I've already tore half my engine bay apart.

So does any one have some bright ideas for me please? :please:

I'm trying to get my electric regulated return up and running.

Attachments

· Electrical Ogre
13,242 Posts
Could you use a 90* or 45* NPT fitting, then your AN adaptor? My H2E turbo and NPT brass setup is different, but it may give give you some ideas.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no room to twist a 90, I had to cut the original one out.

I might could squeeze a 45, I look into that. Thanks for the brainstorm

Attachments

· Registered
460 Posts
Hey Bill, I can't believe ya didn't paint that thing Cummins Beige ..... :hehe:

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, is that 1/8" npt or 1/4? It almost looks like 1/4

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much of the top is clear?

I've pulled the turbo and all the accessories off the front (alt, ac, vac pump) as well as removed the obvious fuel bowl and pump.

The only thing in my way is the up pipe "collector?" and I found a solution for that last night in bed, :thumb:

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everything..no turbo inc all related parts HPOP, VC's, intakes, Inj's, trans etc..just a long block.
:rod: YOU SUCK

:thumb: and I'm jealous, but I'll keep working through it. :icon_ford:

· Banned
920 Posts
pick up a 90 1/8" NPT to 6an swivel it'll work:)

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just googled that one, WOW.

I didn't know those existed.

Thank you for the help

· Registered
5,856 Posts
i know when i was looking at electric fuel summitt sells all sorts of 90* an fittings that may work

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been all up and down the web with this build, I've got almost $300 in fittings alone.

Sometimes if you don't know what something is called, you can never find it.

Terminology is paramount :thumb:

· Banned
920 Posts
If you waited i'm building a revised kit for resale:)

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a little particular to DIY. thanks though

Besides, my RR project is running WVO on one side.

You got a resale item that does both D2 and WVO?

· Banned
920 Posts
As a matter of fact yes i do Dave in northern FL built it with me. Thats why I said revised i have to alter the design Do they charge you for the oil? they do down here.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You do? Sweet, you should fill me in or point me towards a thread about it. I would be interested in seeing how it's set up.

And no, I don't pay a dime for my oil.
It would stink to pay for it.

· Banned
920 Posts
I don't have one on it since hes north of me I make it send it to him and he adds his stuff and then i leaves the state i've never asked him what he adds. I just know what my plans are and what he added. ( I'm redoing a used kit that came off a customers wrecked truck i bought back.) He refines it i thinkj and just when its at the right temp switches from Diesel to oil/fuel. I'm not big on the Bio fuel or veggie oil. I can see if he wants to talk to you about his setup. HE won't even tell me what he does put might be able to give you some advise.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So back to the fitting you mentioned, the an portion swivels independently of the npt portion?

So I can hold the an still, and thread the npt down into the head right?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.