Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
I have a set of newish stock front shocks for my 05 FX4. The drivers side bolt on the top is easy to get to but the passenger side looks like its buried good down there. Do I have to remove everything above that shock area or is there another way that I cant think of..:dunno: Any suggestions from some of you that done it already? If not Ill just start taking all that stuff off above it to get to it.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey all,
I have a set of newish stock front shocks for my 05 FX4. The drivers side bolt on the top is easy to get to but the passenger side looks like its buried good down there. Do I have to remove everything above that shock area or is there another way that I cant think of..:dunno: Any suggestions from some of you that done it already? If not Ill just start taking all that stuff off above it to get to it.

Thanks
I did the front shocks on my 05 and I swear I'll never do them again. Do it the easy way, sawzall. Cut the top, unbolt the bottom otherwise you could be in for a long battle. My tops were rusted, the nuts turned then stopped. Cut them off.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
I had to heat mine glowing red, they were so frozen I could barely move them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I will start to take it apart tomorrow and see how it goes. I have a sawzall if needed but I hope not to. Im hoping my impacts will take them off. Changing shocks are suppose to be easy and fun, This dont sound like it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess I will start to take it apart tomorrow and see how it goes. I have a sawzall if needed but I hope not to. Im hoping my impacts will take them off. Changing shocks are suppose to be easy and fun, This dont sound like it.
The rear shocks are easy and are done in less than 30 min. If the front tops are rusted and you hit them with an impact your going to snap the tops anyway. If you go after them with the sawzall you won't have to move anything on top to get to the nut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts