Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changed pedestal.....check engine light on??

I just changed out the stock pedestal for a Garrett non EBV one and now my check engine light is on.
There was a sensor on the stock pedestal, there is not one on the new pedastal.
Is there a fix for this?
Can I just brdge the wires on the connector?
I need to get the check engine light off becuse I live in Komifornia and I need to get the truck smogged soon.

The truck is an 02 7.3

·
Registered
115 Posts
take the bulb out problem solved :D

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Not sure really what to tell ya. I unplugged mine way before I modded mine to not have it and the check engine light never came on. Im sure somebody will chime in soon:thumb:

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
pull the code and see what you come up with. you might have just left something unplugged.

·
lost in space
1,387 Posts
hmmm, but that fix is for OBS trucks...any difference?!?

·
Supporting Vendor
280 Posts
Uh. No. You must have a CA emissions truck if the EBPV solenoid being disconnected causes the CEL to illuminate.

Shorting the wires will cause just that, a short. This can damage the PCM over time.

Take the EBPV solenoid out of the old pedestal, plug it in, and drop it in the engine valley. That will work for a little while until the diagnostic strategy determines that the EBPV is not closing during testing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it is a CA truck.

Does anyone know how to DIY a plug?
I really hate to spend $40 on something that will probably cost me under $5 to throw together myself if I had a "how to".

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
oops yeah i rushed and meant to post the one for the 99-03... but ya u get the idea.. ha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone must have a DIY mod for this...:dunno:

I can't be the only one that has changed out the stock pedestal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts