Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put in an injector last night. Had a code P0278. Rough running when cold. Just wanting to say that it runs awesome now. Just fired it up this morning after cold soaking it. No rough idle at all. Also to anyone wanting to do this. Super easy. I thought it would be alot harder and take longer than it actually did. From start to finish took me approx. 2 hours. No breaks though. Also this was on the drivers side so that made it a little easier. So 120 bucks (ebay injector) and little elbow grease later and she runs like a top. Just wanting to share my excitment.:crazy:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Congratulations, I am glad to hear that you were able to fix her up!

·
Registered
659 Posts
right on man nothing like a job well done.

·
Registered
295 Posts
did you have a factory injector go out? I have been thinking about larger injectors but cant quite justify them yet...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya i had a factory one go on me. According to the oasis i have it had 3 changed before the warranty ran out. #3,4 and 7. Now i just changed #6. I was thinking i should have changed # 2 and 8 while i had it open then i would have only 2 factory ones left on the passenger side but oh well. Next time i guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts