Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently changed my leaking ebpv got a pedestal without the ebpv. Then after that was fixed it started leaking fuel from the fuel pump so I change it and now the truck idles fine I got to drive it and it falls on its face and acts like there is no fuel.... Help please

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
When changing to the EBPV deleted pedestal what did you do with the EBPV butterfly valve in the exhaust housing?

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Ok, that wasn't in your OP so I just thought to ask. Have you checked the running fuel pressure at idle and at 2000 RPMs? Also, please remove the intake tube between the air filter and compressor (engine off, I know you knew that ;)) and check that the compressor wheel if freely rotating and not binding at all.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Check and clean the FPR screen. Could be it. Can't hurt either way.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Depending on how long it was leaking there could be a host of electrical issues and melted wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I know it isn't the turbo binding up. Idk about the fpr screen or CPs would any of those two let it run fine at idle and then make it just fall flat on its face? I'll clean the screen tomorrow but any way to check CPs? Or just get a new one anyway?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
The FPR screen could be clogged. Since the motor isn't using much fuel at idle and not under load, it has enough fuel to run ok. You start demanding more and you can't flow enough because of the clog.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
^Agreed. when cleaning the FPR screen pay attention to the consistency of the crap on the screen. If it's snot feeling then you are growing bacteria in your tanks. Pick up some diesel bacteria treatment from your parts store.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I cleaned the fpr screen and got a new cps and the truck has gotten worse takes forever to start and then when it does it runs really rough then just dies...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts