Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed #3 injector and passenger side bank of glow plugs(1,3,5,7), but now its a little hard to start. it takes 3 or so cycles. Any ideas? The truck runs great now, just need some help with the fuel delivery. I also put new fuel filters in.

·
WNY Biodiesel Co-op
915 Posts
What year are we talking ? mileage? You should drive at least 50 miles to be sure all the air is out of the system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06', 6.0 F250 with 250K. You are probably right about the air in the system. Makes sense. Anything else i should look for?

Also, while I was watching videos on how to do all this i ran across a "blue" spring fuel pressure regulator kit. Looks like an easy thing to do and the right thing to do. Thoughts?

·
Registered
249 Posts
check the caps of the fuel filters. more than likely, if its running fine now, it was air in the oil. you usually have to crank it for a minute or 2 to get it to fire. then let it run so all the air escapes. but if you still have troubles, make sure the caps of the fuel filters are secured tightly. people dont like to crank them down because they are plastic and can break, but if you leave them loose they will suck air. to properly tighten the top filter, use a 15/16 socket. if you try to use a 3/8 ratchet you will break it and have to chissel it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts