Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup finally got around to doing it myself, never did it before because I always had free changes from the dealers. Well enter my new (old)truck. I thought it would have been expensive going to have it changed, so I figured I give it a go. $230 later its complete. Called a friend for some part numbers I didn't have. So I went and picked up my fram oil filter, motorcraft fuel filter and 4 gallons of Royal Purple High Perf. 15w-40. Man way easier than I thought. But I did manage to drop the old oil filter into the bucket full of dirty oil. Does old oil have any medicinal skin purposes? :hehe:

One more thing I knew I could do myself, and now know I can. Next up foil delete :thumb:.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Dang $230???? I dont know exactly what i pay but its not any where close to that! And id only run a motorcraft oil filter. Just personal opninion.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
first of all, i wouldnt put a fram filter on anything i own. even a pos car. they're a joke.
two how the hell did you spend that much money.
three thats some over kill oil but if you can afford that go for it.
i only run motorcraft or mobil1 oil filters and wix or motorcraft fuel filters. IMO.
oil right now i have motorcraft. its simple n cheap.

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
whoa, I will stick to my 50 dollar oil change........

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Man I thought $70 was high. You know whats worse than dropping the filter in is, when you drop the plug in there and forget where it went for 30 mins.

·
Registered
563 Posts
come on guys he did buy a fuel filter too:dunno: :hehe:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yup finally got around to doing it myself, never did it before because I always had free changes from the dealers. Well enter my new (old)truck. I thought it would have been expensive going to have it changed, so I figured I give it a go. $230 later its complete. Called a friend for some part numbers I didn't have. So I went and picked up my fram oil filter, motorcraft fuel filter and 4 gallons of Royal Purple High Perf. 15w-40. Man way easier than I thought. But I did manage to drop the old oil filter into the bucket full of dirty oil. Does old oil have any medicinal skin purposes? :hehe:

One more thing I knew I could do myself, and now know I can. Next up foil delete :thumb:.
Hope your went better than my first time, i didnt bother checking how many quarts a diesel held and only used an 8 qt drain pan.........:hehe: you can figure out the rest witout me embarrasing myself further.....I would of gladly paid $230 that day!!:doh: cost me more in drive way cleanner and paper towels:confused:..............

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Holy crap... Even with Rotella 5w40 Synthetic and Motorcraft oil and fuel filters, I'm still at $115... How did you double it? Decide to do everything twice??

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
saw it online from 26-35 bucks a gallon, ouch, so im guessing he paid even more at some retailer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
wal-mart has 5 quart jugs or motorcraft 15-40 for $11.50 and a motorcraft filter for $18

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

Dude, bring it over to my house. I'll change it for ya for 200 bucks every day of the week!!! That includes the Motorcraft Filter & a cold Pepsi!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts