Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 f250 is tuned and deleted with an air dog lift pump, H&S tunes, afe exhaust and intake. With my warranty out the window, I don't have the confidence in the factory turbo. The guys at my shop have been talking to CFD and feel that there kit is the way to go. Not by comparison to other kits or reading post on forums. There decision was based on what they see with this kit and talking to somebody at CFD.I want to give feed back on this turbo kit, not a comparison to any other. I have been using this shop for several years and they know diesels. I haven't checked the status on my truck but I gave them the go ahead to pull the trigger last week to get everything ordered. I can't wait to get it done and I will post some pics and give feed back on the end results. I own a 2010 6.4 that has a few goodies as well. I can't wait to line them up but the tuff decision will be which one to drive in the drag race.

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts
Looking forward to reading your review.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Thanks for the purchase
I think you ordered the. S472 kit
That truck is going to be sick
I hope you know we're informed we are on a 2 week backordered
We build 10 kits a week
You will be back in action soon:thumb:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just got mine together with this kit today. It runs pretty good. Expect a loss of low end torque, but I don't mind because it may save the rods. Mine has no power until between 1700 and 1900, and then it comes to life. This was my impression having in 6th gear manual and stomping on it at about 1500 rpm and see what it does. I have the 363 with the 0.91 twin scroll exhaust housing and I'm at 6000 feet. I'll be posting a full review soon.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Just so everyone knows we are not charging credit cards until the orders ship.
Thanks for all the patience and we are working as hard as possible.
Dirtbike will tell you we have made some tweaks thanks to his awesome review process so these kits are really a nice install and product.

This s472 kit going to Huntsvill will be the first s400 turbo on a truck and with dual fuelers we can expect very big numbers from this one!!!:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's going on as the only turbo? Holy lag-mobile batman! ...like those huge train engines that are turbo only, give 'er 3 minutes of rolling coal before it spools. :crazy: Once it lights though.... :D

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I'm curious to those who have since purchased a kit from CFD for your very expensive new trucks.

Why did you choose to use CFD after pictures of their craftmanship? After they bent a rod on Dan's truck? After seeing the videos of a CFD technician (Evan-a high school grad) abusing trucks? Does it bother you that in the event of a failure(s) CFD will blame you and hold similar actions toward you as they did with Dan? Its an honest question and I'd appreciate an honest answer.

·
Banned
798 Posts
I'm curious to those who have since purchased a kit from CFD for your very expensive new trucks.

Why did you choose to use CFD after pictures of their craftmanship? After they bent a rod on Dan's truck? After seeing the videos of a CFD technician (Evan-a high school grad) abusing trucks? Does it bother you that in the event of a failure(s) CFD will blame you and hold similar actions toward you as they did with Dan? Its an honest question and I'd appreciate an honest answer.
Now this is a very good question.
I will let my customers answer this.

·
Registered
452 Posts
And another thread on its way to being locked. Keep it civil and let the OP post his review. If its good its good, if its bad its bad. But its his review of the product. No need for others to review it for him based on the misfortunes of others. Even if that misfortune was due to diesel performance " malpractice".

Sent from my DROID RAZR

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.