Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to show off for my dad tonight and decided to let her rip. I floored it from 0 to 80. I got 3 CELs

P0238 - over boost? but I did not defuel? or atleast it did not feel like it choked.
P0478 - Exhaust pressure control high? WHAT?!?! Not sure what that is about...

P1211 ICP pressure above/below desired

now what i dont get is the p0478? can someone please explain it to me?

also does P1211 mean that I have a weak HPOP or is it that way because the 100hp setting on my evo is more then the stock HPOP can put out?

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
p1211 is normal for any chip, especially on 100 horse tune

p0238, some trucks leave a code and dont defuel and some defuel and do leave a code , if it boosted good dont sweat it, may want to get a boost fooler

p0478 is ebp valve code , wouldnt seat that either

·
Banned
792 Posts
Looks normal to me :). Was he at least impressed?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EBP valve? at in that flapper thing for faster warm ups and converting to a exhaust brake? why would that thing be upset? I did replace that sensor on the end of the tube a few thousand miles ago. got it new on ebay for 15 bucks. was reading about cleaning the tube and for 15 bucks, why not replace it too. Or at least that was my thought

Yea my dad was pretty impressed. Even stock he said man this is pretty quick for a big a$$ truck. then in level 3 he got a smile on his face and said wow that was cool! he liked the cloud of smoke that i left behind too

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Normal... Normal... and normal...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts