Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to get around to this, so my buddy Josh and myself tackled it today in the Advanced Auto Parts parking lot. It wasn't bad at all once we decided the best way to route it. I went with 1" ID heater hose, so a 90* simply wasn't going to work. We decided to take it across to the drivers side and send it down under the degas bottle. Everything worked great once we had everything we needed in hand. The only problem we ran in to was figuring out what to use to cap off the factory CCV inlet on the intake tube. I wasn't fond of plugging the hole up, just didn't think it would be a good idea. Thanks to the help of a trusty Lowes employee, we located some "rubber chair tips". Pure perfection! It was almost as if they were made specifically for this project. :hehe:

Pictures of everything, including the parts:

Rubber chair tip

1" heater hose

90* for the dump to atmosphere

Trusty clamps

Best invention known to man

And the 1" heater hose

That should be everything (other than zip ties). If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Nothing to it really. If all the parts are on hand, this could easily be done in less than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
l almost went the driver side route, good call on the chair cap. it looks like you terminated right in front of gas tank, i mounted my catch can with breather on passenger side in same are and it can get smelly, especially with windows down or cracked. I'm going to extend my can to the back, do tell if you notice that or if it is my truck.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No catch can. I don't see the need for it other than it's illegal to dump to atmosphere. I think the DPF delete and EGR delete already have the illegal factor covered. :hehe:

If I catch grief for it down the road, I may add one.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I used a cap from a gear lube bottle to plug my intake hole with snapped right on. And I have never smelled a stinkier Crank case vent then on my ford. My cummins was nothing compared to this this even when it had fuel vapor coming out of it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
So you went drivers side all the way down. How far back did you go and did you put a filter of some sort on the end or just open hose? Looks good. Not what I did, but interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No filter. Drivers side to the inside of the frame rail, and then it dumps in the center of the truck right before the fuel tank.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I am totally stealing the rubber chair tip idea.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am just thinking that you may want a catch can or filter if you ever park on a concrete driveway of somebody you like. Trying to make it white again is a pain

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
809 Posts
Rubber chair tip is the way to go. Went on there like a glove and I did not even have to use a hose clamp. I used 1 inch heater hose as well. I went around the fill bottle and down the passenger side into the fender well. The 1 inch hose fit prefectly into the coil spring mount to hold it to the side. I used my factory 6.0 ccv hose and 90 degree elbow. Worked out pretty darn well. After I took my truck for a ride though I had a pretty good oil leak. Was not just drips. I get a good flow of vent out of my ccv so I do not think that is the problem. The tuner must have just opened up an underlying problem or something

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where is the oil coming from?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Driver's side by glow plug harness or dipstick by that welded tab. Could also be the valve cover but cannot see the valve cover due to the fuel cooler black plastic mount that is in the line of sight of the valve cover.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am just thinking that you may want a catch can or filter if you ever park on a concrete driveway of somebody you like. Trying to make it white again is a pain

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app
Love it! Really would piss my parents off when i stop by:roll1:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any idea on how that glow plug harness could cause an oil leak if that is the problem?
I don't. I know quite a few people over on Power Stroke Army that would probably be able to help you out though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Jeff do you feel dumping the vent out into the open is better then a closed system with a sealed tank and a drain to drain every once in a while?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts