Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have removed the ccv hose from my intake and ran it down under the truck towards the back...my question is is it supposed to blow smoke out of the hose when idleing? the engine only has a few thou on it and im hoping it good. i never say a ccv hose smoke so much being a gas engine guy till this truck.
one more question.
amsoil makes a oil bypass remote filter set up for the 7.3 . anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? im thinking about using it with their diesel oil. any comments?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ccv

Yes sir that is what happens with no cylinder pressure. I didn't like the smell if I had to sit any where for a while. I used 3/4 coduit. I welded a compression fitting in the exhaust at a 45 degree angle toward to front of the truck and at the back of the trans. This tube bends easy. I ran mine at an angle accross the rear trans mount and fastened it there with an adle clamp. Then procceded across into the left frame rail and forward to where the the frame starts to bend up. Thats where mine is joined with plastic tube from the valve cover. Make shure the hose from the valve cover goes up and over the master cylinder. You can tie the tube to the cowl over to the edge before turning down. This keeps the oil from being sucked down. They say on a small block Chev that this system is worth 15hp. You get a negitive crank case pressure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ramsmoker said:
Yes sir that is what happens with no cylinder pressure. I didn't like the smell if I had to sit any where for a while. I used 3/4 coduit. I welded a compression fitting in the exhaust at a 45 degree angle toward to front of the truck and at the back of the trans. This tube bends easy. I ran mine at an angle accross the rear trans mount and fastened it there with an adle clamp. Then procceded across into the left frame rail and forward to where the the frame starts to bend up. Thats where mine is joined with plastic tube from the valve cover. Make shure the hose from the valve cover goes up and over the master cylinder. You can tie the tube to the cowl over to the edge before turning down. This keeps the oil from being sucked down. They say on a small block Chev that this system is worth 15hp. You get a negitive crank case pressure.
so i can put in a cc evacuation system like the ones used in drag race headers to relieve cc pressure.

·
578 Posts
fs2500.com check this site out for a remote bypass filter system. i am saving for it right now

·
Banned
0 Posts
hangnut77 said:
fs2500.com check this site out for a remote bypass filter system. i am saving for it right now
my dad put a similar system on his small block chevy....hes about 3MPG better.......i dont know how much a diesel will gain...but thats optimistic results

·
Registered
686 Posts
ccv

Yes, this is the same deal. Pressure is resistancein the crank case. I was looking into the filters and the catch tanks you can find on e-bay but once i raised the line up under the cowel the amount of oil was next to nothing so i decided to keep my money. I could swear I felt a difference. I should get my butt dyno calibrated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts