Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, I bought evrything I need to do it, Just hoping I got the right size. I forget, is the factory elbow coming off of the doghouse 1" ID?

I thought that's what it was, so i bought the 1" barb coupling and hose...Just making sure before I get into it tommorow...

later

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it's actuallly 3/4", isn't it? :doh:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just went to the garage to look at what size stuff came from NCHORNET for his mod and it is all 1/2" but when I looked at the breather that tube looks much larger? I cant find my directions for the kit I bought. I thought I remember it required 3/4" I need to find out too so I can install it this weekend. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i'll let you know later today for sure...
I think it's 3/4"? :shrug:

later

·
Registered
92 Posts
just done mine a couple weeks ago its a true 3/4 but most people use 5/8 like i did you can make it work.:thumb:

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's definitely 3/4. I just did mine not long ago. Above poster is correct though, you can get 5/8" to work too.

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
what did you guys use to do the mod...did you buy the kit or did you just throw some stuff together. what size are the holes in the valve cover because i almost want to use two little racing breathers

·
Registered
459 Posts
Turbodude: I just went to napa and bought all my stuff. I wouldn't use standard racing breathers for two reasons. One is that quite a bit of oil comes out of those holes and would cause a big mess after awhile and probably plug up the breathers failrly quick. Two is that the fumes that come out of there are rank, you want those fumes routed to the back of the truck, trust me! One time of sitting in traffic forced to breath that crap cause it's oozing out around the hood and from under the fenders and you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
433 Posts
anyone have a parts list?

·
Registered
553 Posts
want to know also

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I did mine as an afterthought when I was putting my gauges in, I just found a piece of hose laying around the garage and spiced it to the factory 90* hose with a pipe nipple and routed it down behind the front tire. I then cut the snorkel out of the intake adapter and plugged the hole with a ½” bolt and RTV under the head. Been like that for 4 years now with no problem except I got to keep a rag or oil dry in the spot where it is when I park in the garage because of the occasional black drip. Well worth it to keep the crap out of the intake.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah of course like you all already said...3/4".

All you need to do this mod is A 3/4 plastic barbed coupler and 22' or so of your choice of hose, and three small hose clamps. Super easy, I just wanted to do it while I was in there putting on my ATS housing.

Cleaned all my clamps and tubes and ic pipes when I did it, used a little hairspray when they went back on, looks great...hopefully now they will stay clean!!

later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts