Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm back. And I know how we love our videos.

Do you think this is normal smoke (oil vapors) from my CCV or could this be Exhaust Blow By???

http://youtu.be/k9HD0xNvJvM

It smokes like this hot or cold, fresh start or ran for hours, and does not seem to increase when I step on the throttle (I will better confirm this later). I can. Not say for sure but it seems to smoke more now than when I first connected the CCV mod about 3k miles ago.

So last summer, 10k miles ago, I had my engine rebuilt at a shop. Something that had bugged me at the time was that the mechanics kept bragging that my block was board 30 over but when I seen the rebuild kit it was for a 20 over. When I questioned him about this they replied with "oh it must only be only bored 20 over then" that didn't sit well with me but i felt they must know what they were doing. Maybe they were just confused about the bore size from the machine shop. But now that I've hooked up to CCV mod and I see this excessive smoke I'm now concerned about possible blow by the piston rings.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does no one have any input to add?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'll give ya a free bump.

I'm not entirely sure that's excessive but I have read where some have suggested to remove the oil cap and place it upside down on the oil fill tube and if the cap lifts up then you've got excessive blow by.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was about 80 degrees out. A dry day, I recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts