Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my World Series hopes are now gone (cardinal fan) I guess now is a good time to do the CCV mod. I am going to hit Lowes on the way home and get 20' of 1" id? hose, and a 1" pipe plug? any thing else I need and helpful hints so that I am not out there all day?

·
Registered
454 Posts
hope that PVC plug works out for you:eek:hnoes:, i have sold several of the ccv plugs i machine to people who have had pvc plug sucked into there turbo.

Since my World Series hopes are now gone (cardinal fan) I guess now is a good time to do the CCV mod. I am going to hit Lowes on the way home and get 20' of 1" id? hose, and a 1" pipe plug? any thing else I need and helpful hints so that I am not out there all day?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally forgot about the machined ones. I think I officially work to hard. LOL ill pm you

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Or be a cheap @$$ like me and slip a small piece of hose on there, then thread a big bolt into the hose.
Free mods are the best kind

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I just bought everything for mine last night. I'll be aiming the oe plastic elbow coming right off the unit on the valve cover right at the degas bottle...then using the factory rubber elbow into an adaptor from home depot to go down to 3/4" (the size of my check valve for running it into the exhaust) ill then simply route the home depot hose along the factory heater hose, then down the passenger side of the firewall perhaps by the HVAC box, and then into the exhaust ccv check valve I got for like 30 bucks at summit. That way, fumes go out with the exhaust, and never know about it.

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
Pictures please.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures please.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I bought the exact same thing that is in the "My CCV mod" thread

·
Registered
812 Posts
I bought a 1" threaded PVC plug !! I then had too cut out the soft rubber end that comes off the hard plastic tube it ( plug ) threaded in with t tape !! It would be next to impossible to get sucked in .

·
Registered
812 Posts
I do like the billet option though I may need one a liitle larger though

·
Registered
180 Posts
i used

i use a 1" galvanized plug that u would use on gas pipe. with quick jb weld i filled the 1" plug completey to the top and the threaded it on to the intake tube no leaks for me then i filled the inside of it as well to seal it all up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts