Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
101541 - 101545 of 101545 Posts

·
Registered
13,807 Posts
Water is 8.3lbs per gallon. If your not dry camping, I would only travel with it about 1/3 filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
No worries, just let me know. I was not all impressed with the hitch style Kily was using but they showed me a different brand that looked pretty cheap when I was at the dealer. The anderson one Kily has is a pretty nice hitch and if I had to do it again, I would probably go that route.

Mine I have to take in 2 pieces to man handle myself or find help to load/unload it into the bed. And that's actually nothing compared to Torens sliding one.. haha

37's shouldn't be a problem... shouldn't.. Mine hit the rails for the cover and that was all, didn't get into the bedside but I was also coming out of a tight gas station exit with an odd angle/level.. and when I talked about moving the hitch a set of holes to create more clearance, the tech I was talking to at the dealership said they just make their customers remove the bed covers.. but I bought a roll up one so I didn't have to take it off...

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Weight wise you should be fine.. if you are towing heavy loads a lot, or going to do the camper/RV purchase, I would suggest a set of air bags.. On board compressor and tank is also a very nice add on. I use mine a lot.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well I don't know lol. I just saw the little twist lock cable actuator deal on the andersen and it just doesn't give me the warm fuzzy's. If I were getting what I want, it would be the 25k B&W Companion.

I think if I don't get lucky and find a guy renting his trailer with a Ford OEM compatible hitch we'll just bag the whole idea. Which will really disappoint my wife I'm sure. She LOVES this last minute chaos, jump through your A $ $, make it happen spur of the moment nonsense. I swear she craves it ha ha.

If we went out tonight and bought an overpriced trailer that wasn't even in the kind of configuration we really wanted she would be happy as a clam.

101541 - 101545 of 101545 Posts