Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am just wondering if anyone out there still has or uses a cb radio in their truck?

Mire specifically if you do I would like to know where you mounted the radio and antenna, and where you routed the coax antenna cable.

Thanks,
Jordan

·
Registered
296 Posts
on our F-350 Dually we have dual antenna's at the corner of the cab mounted to the bed rail however i'm not positive where the wires run exactly i think through the plug in the back of the cab i will have to look when i get home

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Check the master cb thread

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I run a Galaxy 33 HML, and my hubby runs a Galaxy HP 44. I was a die hard Cobra girl all my life, and still am really. I agreed to a Galaxy because I got sick of listening to my hubby jack his jaw.

My old Cobra (29 LTD) and both our Galaxies have been tweaked and tuned. I run a Wilson 5000 whip, my hubby runs a firestick.

IMHO, I hear absolutely no difference between my cobra and Galaxy. My hubby swears the galaxy is clearer on his end, but he detests cobra so I don't fully believe him.

I will say that I DETEST his radio for one reason only. The jobs are 2nd grade school girl kind of sensitive and the slightest bump will send his echo sky high, then it's a wench to get it reset.

We have gotten upwards of 4 miles range wise on good days. There are things you can do to help that out, but they're not things you talk about publicly.

If you ever find yourself down around Houston, give Anntenna Man a hollar at Cool Wave CB Shop and tell him Meagan sent you his way.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Nothing special Cobra radio 30 years ago with a single 24-inch fire stick, and I could reliably pull in 15 miles range

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
Ranger 2950DX....love it. Works great but really puts out some heat with the foot warmer on.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Went to kenwood nx-820h, uhf. I used a roof mount from pctel. Routed the cable down the a pillar to the center console where its located

1 - 7 of 7 Posts