Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I have a 2005 Crew cab and just got a new Cobra 29 LTD Classic CB. I am not sure of the best place to mount the antenna that looks good, with no cabels hanging out the window or door. If anyone has ideas or pictures of thier set up I would love to see them.

Thanks for the help

Jason

·
Registered
348 Posts
i just got done setting up the anntenas and the wires i can post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cools thanks so much

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the antennas that go on the glass? Looks clean. My neighbor is a undercover cop and he has a truck assigned to him. All his antennas are glass mounted. Any thoughts about these types?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
here's how I mounted mine, I'm running co-phased 3' firestiks

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks good. I dont have a truck box on mine, but I was looking at getting a inbed fuel tank with a bulit in toold box so maybe I will do the same.

Thanks again

·
Registered
348 Posts
sorry it took so long the weather has been crappy.

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
I have a Wilson 5000 mounted on the top of my bed rail closest to the cab. It is right in the center of my middle back window. If you mount like that, you will need to use a grounding strap of some sort. God luck with it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should say so. Some great info and thank you...

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
here's how I mounted mine, I'm running co-phased 3' firestiks
Grounds, grounds, grounds. Your toolbox is not grounded very well I would run more grounds from your antenna base mount to the frame

:twocents:

later

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Grounds, grounds, grounds. Your toolbox is not grounded very well I would run more grounds from your antenna base mount to the frame

:twocents:

later
yeah, I haven't taken the time to run straps yet. I set it up and got my swr to 'bout 1 and haven't messed with it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
wilson makes a bed stake hole kit not extra holes run the coax through the holes in the stakes and down into the bed then cut a slice in the bed plug. i mounted my corbra 29 on the glove box under the upfitter switches the body plug is right under the floor mat dont roll the excess up stuff it randomly it helps with range and you antennas need to stick at least more than half way above the cab also helps with range

1 - 15 of 15 Posts