Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of making a bracket and mounting my cb upright in fornt of the middle seat in my 06. But would like to see where you guys have got yours mounted

·
HardLuck Case of the Year
3,541 Posts
mine is mounted above the mirror on the headliner.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got any pics of that?

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,266 Posts
I was contemplating mounting one under the middle seat(40/20/40) in my '06. Found that the Cobra 18 will fit and has a front firing speaker.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
A Cobra 29 will fit if you take the cup holder out, you just need to trim about 1/4 inch of material along the top of the piece behind the front fascia.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I mounted mine on the little hook thing below the cup holder. Its out of the way and easy to reach. Just have to close my cup holder to get everything right and away I go.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have my 2970 mounted in a verticle tall bracket, in front of my console. No hole in dash. Just bolted thru the floor. If I ever remove it no holes to be seen. And a thru the roof mount antenna. Spent way to much over 30 yrs trying to get antenna's to tune properly. Just had to drill thru the roof and be done with it on the antenna. And radios can be stacked in that verticle mount like the scanner I see above,looks good....Steve

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
steve got a pick? So far I like the idea of in the cup holder

·
Premium Member
9,975 Posts
I got a piece of diamond plate from TSC and bent the shape I needed to make my 2950DX sit right in front of the center seat. I pulled the two front mount bolts and marked the diamond plate to drill the mount holes. I'll have to get some pics up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
see the pics i posted. def go through the roof for antennae mount, this sets up a beautiful grounding plane and your cb will perform best. it also not hard to do if you borrow an electrians knockout punch, preffeably hydrolic.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-diesel-discussion/99812-cd-radio-roof-mount-2.html

i was going to mount on roof above mirror, but that would not work so nice cuz i got my gauges up there. also how it is now lets me hear the speaker really nice, something to consider if your truck is loud.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good ideas, keep them coming. Thanks guys

·
Registered
344 Posts
mounted mine on the glove box next to the steering wheel below the radio i got a differnt one from a junkyard switched them out its close out of the way. i found the wire inside for the back light and hooked it to the factory dash lights

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:bump: for some more pics, Thinking about doing this tomorrow or monday

1 - 14 of 14 Posts