Thank you!

·
Diesel Mechanic Poser
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used a 2 1/2" hole saw for the last head bolt on drivers side next to steering stem and it went right through. It was at an angle so I just peeled the metal back to finish the opening. ....

·
Registered
973 Posts
I used a 2 1/2" hole saw for the last head bolt on drivers side next to steering stem and it went right through. It was at an angle so I just peeled the metal back to finish the opening. ....
So you went in from the inside of the cab with that stud?

That really isnt that bad of an idea, it would be especially b!tchen if you could find a gromet that fit the angled hole and if you ever had to do it again, just pull the gromet

·
Registered
293 Posts
im only on page 2 of this thread and i have already spit water on my keyboard and laughed so hard i farted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome write up Lumberg.

I haven't done any real maintenance to my truck, myself.

I admit, I have been a bit intimidated by it (coming from 5.0L's and watercooled VW's) but I am confident in my own ability. I will have this write up, the Chiltons, and the 6.0L Bible on the tool bench when I do undertake it. Thanks for documenting it for the rest of us.

-Barry

·
Registered
293 Posts
i'm getting this visual of lumberg from office space....yeah....yeah

·
Diesel Mechanic Poser
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Barry,
You're going to be happy with what you find. I think you'll really appreciate using O-ringed parts the best and you can say good riddance to oozing sealer, waiting for cure time and delayed vacuum leaks. All the parts seem twice as heavy - and probably are - so start working out more. Glad I could put this out there for you. Dont forget to read some of the other great write-ups that talk about this too....:ORG welcome:

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,773 Posts
Lumberg your thread was the first one I read when I wanted to learn about studs in can and man was it interesting. Good job lol on the comic relief and information. I just did mine and had a thread on it but not a tutorial you and dee both had it covered pretty well so I just made mine a build thread but my inspiration came from you.

Kyle..... Lol reading your post just now made me do the same except I spit all over my iPhone.

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,066 Posts
As much as I think about about my truck you'd think I'd have a lot more confidence in changing the oil.

I was with this chick last night and found myself thinking about the mods I was gonna do when I got home and not the task at hand. If thats not love I don't know what is.

·
Registered
293 Posts
So basically women think of repainting while staring at the ceiling and guys think of truck mods while...well....you know:thumb:

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,066 Posts
Remember the guy who made love to his car on that tv show

·
Diesel Mechanic Poser
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
Lumberg your thread was the first one I read when I wanted to learn about studs in can and man was it interesting. Good job lol on the comic relief and information. I just did mine and had a thread on it but not a tutorial you and dee both had it covered pretty well so I just made mine a build thread but my inspiration came from you.
Bryan,
Thanks for the compliment. And completely unsolicited...[I see the beer truck found your place without a problem]. I read your thread, too, over several days about a month ago. Actually, since it’s a well-known fact I cant read good, I can at least say I looked at all your pictures. And let me return the compliment, all kidding aside; I thought you posted lots of excellent photos that illustrated what you were doing and showed some great detail. Thanks for validating my efforts to pay it forward, as they say, and continue to take first-rate care of your truck. One last thing…Thanks for your service!

·
Mitch
999 Posts
Well, I had to dig this one out of the shadows, mainly because it is such a great read! Enjoy!

·
Mitch
999 Posts
There are volumes of great threads to read here! Thanks for the compliment and dusting off the cover to read it. Cheers!
He is still around! How's the truck been running since you did this?

Mitch

101 - 120 of 139 Posts