Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My budy has a bunch of CAT's and pipes that he was about to trash, than I heard the they have a special metal that the scrap yards love to get a hold of has anyone heard of this:dunno: Any comments would be great.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My budy has a bunch of CAT's and pipes that he was about to trash, than I heard the they have a special metal that the scrap yards love to get a hold of has anyone heard of this:dunno: Any comments would be great.
:hehe::hehe::hehe: The cats have a little bit of copper in them.

Copper = $$$$

·
Registered
521 Posts
I thought the diesel Cat's had Platinum in them. That is what makes them a hot item to steal.

That is why most scrap yard's won't take them. Atleast around here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I heard platinum too. $2000 an ounce or something like that.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what ever is in it where is the best place to take it:dunno: When mine comes off I allready have enough crap in kickin around taking up space:doh:

·
Registered
521 Posts
that is a good question. You might get away with bringing one in. More then that they may call the police.

I have heard more then once where a bunch has been stolen off of car lots. So scrap yard might not even take them anymore. Best way to find out is to call around.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hhmm can i just got to a junkyard and start cuttin cats out of cars and trucks? hhmmm we may have something going here.......

·
Registered
521 Posts
hhmm can i just got to a junkyard and start cuttin cats out of cars and trucks? hhmmm we may have something going here.......
I was told that they can't sell emissons stuff. Not that it would stop them. But that is what I was told. Maybe that is just here.

·
Registered
425 Posts
if theres ever an abondon car in the woods anywere, i just got my self a new pet, a kitty CAT hahaha

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
id take them to the scrap yard anyways. metal is metal. me scraping crap i find pays for my weekend drinking adventures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts