Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it? i think it would be awesome to put a inline 4 cylinder in an obs then back it with a fuller 16 speed trans. It would be awesome to know if anyone has done anything like this...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Iam sure it has been done, but if you think the 7.3 is heavy the Cat. motor is really heavy. It would be a cool transplant, but the cost of CAT. parts for repairs are very high. I was a Cat. HD repairman for 35+ years and they are a great power plant, you would need the 16 speed to get the speed you need out of the four cyclinder engine. Not trying to rain on your parade just a heads up.:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it would be awesome to have a cat yellow under the hood with a semi auto trans ( i don't know much about the trans hopefully thats the correct term) would be an awesome towing truck for a big load. Better mpgs?

·
Registered
800 Posts
A Cat 3116 or 3126(elec. controlled.) would be nice. They're a bit larger then a 5.9l but have a lot of torque down low, no need for a 16 speed..even with a 4 cyl. I think a 10 speed would be way more then enough.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if anyone knows of someone who has done this and has pics that would be awesome, i hope to get my obs into a garage after college and have it as a project, so it can pull a nice car hauler with a '66 super snake :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts