Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still torn between which I need or would be most functional to me.

The prices are similar ...

am I right in thinking a Turbo back would be nearly the same as a cat back with a cat delete pipe?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Just get a turbo back 4'' and be done. Now, if you never plan on going wild with the mods, just get the delete pipe's and use that. The dp's are kind of a pain to deal with. But, the delete pipe's are only a few dollars less than a 4'' turbo back system.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get a turbo back 4'' and be done. Now, if you never plan on going wild with the mods, just get the delete pipe's and use that. The dp's are kind of a pain to deal with. But, the delete pipe's are only a few dollars less than a 4'' turbo back system.
I highly doubt I go all out...by the time I do gaskets & studs that will probably be about the extent....then again after that I can safely so other mods lol

Hows a cat back system witg a gutted cat sound vs Turbo back with no cat? Performance gains or losses?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a straight 4" turbo back. Truck sounds like a jet.... Its freakin sweet.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i got 4 inch turbo back and i wouldnt have it any other way. no cat or muffler

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Cat back is pointless. You'd have pretty metal under there and still be restricting flow.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A gutted cat will help, but if you do get the wild hair to add some go fast goodies, then you'll be doing it again. Even if you never do add any power adders, doing it one time and being done is the way I try and look at it.

Plus, if you are like me, it will drive you nuts knowing there is a somewhat cobbled outfit on your property. No one else would be non the wiser but you would know it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dont think about it so much. just get a full turbo back and be done with it.

If you ever needed a cat for any reason, you could still put one in, and at the same time you would get the full effect of a turbo back with breathing and price still being a decent factor.

A cat back just seems like a waste of money for most

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got a 4" turboback with a muffler. Definitely better than a catback. Although I SERIOUSLY regret getting a muffler on it. It'd be great to have it straight piped :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 4" dp to a full 5" kitty and muffler delete to an 8" tip and it sounds SAWEET!!
Oooh...you've got '08-10 side vents on your 6.0. I like. I've never seen a good picture of it before. I'm sold. I'm getting my own lol

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
LOL yeah your sold until you see the price of them NEW. lol If you decide to get them get the newer ones as they don't require you to cut your fenders for the actual vents in them.

Mine are 08 and they are actual functioning vents.

I looked on sunrise ford parts and they were like $400+ each. I plan on replacing them with the 08 style Harley edition ones if I can ever find a good deal on them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You mean go with the '11-12 side vents? Hell no. They're awful. I love the '08-'10 vents. I don't need them to be functional. They would just be replacing my stock F-350 badges. I could also get a set of RBP '08 badges, I guess. Do they fit right on? I think the stock badges aren't just stick on, right? There are holes in the body for mounting?

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
No I mean go with the late 09 to 2010. They were just stick on look alikes the 08's actually require the fender to be cut in order for the vent to go in as they are functional vents.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ah ok. I didn't know that. I just wish custom painting and custom badges weren't so expensive. They look so good with custom paint jobs lol

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I got a cat back 4 inch diamond eye w/o muffler and deleted cat. Sounds like a jet spooling up.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i got 5" turbo back...no other way !!!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Turbo back, no muffler, 5"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts