Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is a sad day for me. I traded in the crew cab for a toyota prius last night. I got 4500 for it. I watched the tech. install that solvent and then run my motor till that 7.3 looked up solid. I guess I got to get a trailer hitch and brake controller installed on the thing today so I can pull the Jeep to go wheeling this weekend.
What a crock of sh!t this program is. I bet I made a few people faint. Everybody have a good weekend I'll be jeeping

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
i didnt see any 7.3, 6.5, 5.9, 6.6, diesel on the list. come to think of it i dont recall seeign any at all...

why cant they 'boost jobs and economy' by turning these in to afv's? like cng operated vehicles, and just put a cng restriction on them so thats all they can run? wouldnt it make more sense to do that? reduce emissions, cheaper fuel, jobs convertign teh vehicles, re-selling them for a profit, and colelcting sales tax to make up for lost funds?

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
they arn't that smart to think of that! :dunno:

·
Registered
582 Posts
OP, why would you immaculate yourself, and for only $4500 at that? I guess everyone has their price.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I dont think todays cars will ever be as cool as the cars from the 60s and early 70s. But it is still a shame to see vehicles crushed sombody loved them at one time. I for see the price of used cars going up. which will be bad for all the Obama suporters who buy from the buy here pay here lots.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From what I understand. None of the drivetrain can be saved. I have heard you can sell body parts only. I was on the phone with a salvage yard yesterday he said that he just crushed a 1996 f-150 351 with 65,000 miles. He said that the truck was mint.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
It is a true shame that they are doing this. I feel though IF they are going to do this to boost OUR economy, the 4500 should ONLY be allowed to be applied to American Cars (ford, gm, and dc) NOT toyota and honda and all those others...

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
I dont think todays cars will ever be as cool as the cars from the 60s and early 70s. But it is still a shame to see vehicles crushed sombody loved them at one time. I for see the price of used cars going up. which will be bad for all the Obama suporters who buy from the buy here pay here lots.
Good point Dale, never looked at it that way too.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It is a true shame that they are doing this. I feel though IF they are going to do this to boost OUR economy, the 4500 should ONLY be allowed to be applied to American Cars (ford, gm, and dc) NOT toyota and honda and all those others...
I agree 100% :nod:

·
Registered
466 Posts
im sure sombody here would have paid ya 4500 for it and not have to crush a nice 7.3 :icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
:nod: I agree. Especially for those of us looking for a little beater ride to beat around in. People already think their 500 ride is lined with gold when they try to sell it through the trader or whatever, now, everything will cost 5000!!

EDIT (does this make ANY sense at ALL?? I just re-read the post and I'm not sure if I was clear)

·
Registered
202 Posts
The sad thing about the program is the people that have "clunkers" can't afford to buy new!! :doh: :crazy:
So in my opinion it will never be a success.

·
Registered
466 Posts
another thing the government doesn't get is that alot of people need a large truck or workhorse for work everyday and mpg and the enviroment is not a huge worry its how much weight can it haul and power. i have quite of few freinds that use large v8 vans and diesel trucks to haul tools and supplies. plus im sure theres a few hunters on the org. how many of you have tried going down a muddy trail in a prius.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i also agree with overo......alot can't afford new

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.