Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about the carrier bearing drop. I have an 8.5" lift and just used 1/8" flat stock and made my own carrier bearing drop. I have the right amount of drop and have no vibration. My only question is my bracket for the bearing is straight up and down and the driveshaft runs thought an an angle (maybe abou 30*). Is this a problem? The rubber around the bearing looks all tore up I am going to replace the bearing but would I be better off trying to make a drop bracket that mounts at an angle?

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
it can accelerate wear specially on the rubber
I am going to get an adjustable unit from Precision Metal fab for mine

while I could fab something this is just to easy and can be adjusted for future needs

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I have an adjustable one from One Up Offroad. It will work on a stock height truck all the way up to a 20+ inch lifted truck!

This is one of those parts that should come with every lift kit out there... LOL

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I am going to replace the bearing but would I be better off trying to make a drop bracket that mounts at an angle?
If you don't correct the carrier bearing angle, better buy two of them when you go to the parts hut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts