Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I posted a thread in the suspension area, but nobody is responding. I'm trying to figure out what lift kit is on my truck. Heres a video showing the suspension...

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I can't imagine anyone being able to tell you by looking at that. I just saw the video and have no clue. Are there any markings on the springs? Anything on the shocks? I would guess the bags are helper bags for towing and is that 2 blocks under the rear springs? If so I would get rid of one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply man. The shocks are edelbrock. No markings at all on the springs, and yeah there are 2 blocks under the springs. If i took one out, it woukd set the back down a couple inches lower. What makes you suggest that?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No clue here either. A lot of generic lifts actually share competent's anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So its probably some el cheapo? It rides rough, especially the rear, and i want to help it out. Any suggestions on a quality 4-6" lift that wont break the bank?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The bad thing about double blocks, even though I think a few lifts do it, is that with the power from the truck and axle wrap, stuff like that, u run the risk of spittin one out. At least that's the way I understand it. I am no mechanic or professional, its just my opinion and what I have gathered from years on forums. I run a dr lift which is now icon. I have 5" deavers in the rear and 4.5" hangers in the front with a 2" mini pack giving me a 6" lift. Rides great. And with the signature series shock, its good. Billsteins would be the same, its just these came coated so the finish wouldn't get messed up. Anytime you change the springs up front it will typically ride rougher than stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts