Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ride>> 2005 F-250 CCSB SRW. Stock Height 17in wheels

So I want to start piecing my suspension upgrades together, I really love Carli's suspensions systems but I currently dont have the money to purchase the whole lift kit. Eventually I want to end up with Coilover system with full leaf in the rear (no blocks).

I don't want to lift too high maybe just 4.5inch. I dont do too much off roading but would like to be able to run it hard with no issues when I do!:D
Thats the reason why Im deciding to run Coilover system instead of just blocks and taller springs.

So I guess my question is>>>> Are PMF components as good as Carli components such as : Track bar? 3-link arms? Radius arm drop brackets? Stablizer kits? Traction bars?

Please Lets keep this thread from bashing one company over the other. :please: Thats not why I started this thread

Just Want peoples opinions about suspension components.

·
Vendor
2,932 Posts
No one will bash either company (Aside from maybe Layson who will tell you we both suck and to buy ICON and OUO). We both make quality parts but my advice to you is my advise to all. Buy from one manufacturer, in this case, Carli or PMF. Pick the production/design philosophy you like and buy from that manufacturer. That way, if anything ever goes wrong, the manufacturer will be able to help. If you went with our coilover kit with a PMF track bar and traction blocks and complained about ride quality and wearing out the front track bar ball joint, we couldn't help as we do not design our suspensions to work with traction bars (as they're not needed under 600HP on our full replacement leaf springs), and you're not running our track bar that corrects the angle on the ball joint after the lift height.

Same likely goes for Trevor. If you're running two of his products on our lift and the truck doesn't ride the way you want, well, you've only bought two components from him and it'll be nearly impossible to trouble-shoot what's going on as he didn't have his hand in much of the total build. I can promise you, a few hundred dollars saved will not be worth the hassle of having to self-troubleshoot if the truck's not exactly what you want when it's all said and done.

Regardless of your decision, best of luck with your build!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
^^^^ this is why I recommend Carli to anybody that wants a quality system. My dad will be upgrading his dodge soon and it's going to be Carli. Very professional post.

Reactions: bgraiders323

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
No one will bash either company (Aside from maybe Layson who will tell you we both suck and to buy ICON and OUO). We both make quality parts but my advice to you is my advise to all. Buy from one manufacturer, in this case, Carli or PMF. Pick the production/design philosophy you like and buy from that manufacturer. That way, if anything ever goes wrong, the manufacturer will be able to help. If you went with our coilover kit with a PMF track bar and traction blocks and complained about ride quality and wearing out the front track bar ball joint, we couldn't help as we do not design our suspensions to work with traction bars (as they're not needed under 600HP on our full replacement leaf springs), and you're not running our track bar that corrects the angle on the ball joint after the lift height.

Same likely goes for Trevor. If you're running two of his products on our lift and the truck doesn't ride the way you want, well, you've only bought two components from him and it'll be nearly impossible to trouble-shoot what's going on as he didn't have his hand in much of the total build. I can promise you, a few hundred dollars saved will not be worth the hassle of having to self-troubleshoot if the truck's not exactly what you want when it's all said and done.

Regardless of your decision, best of luck with your build!
:hehe: If I were to be given the choice between Carli and PMF I would pick Carli. :D

Reactions: Mannysouza

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
They both make quality products and I don't think you could go wrong with either. That said I would pick a path and stick to it.

Reactions: bgraiders323
1 - 7 of 7 Posts