Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4041 - 4052 of 4052 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Makes much more sense now thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem, hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Did many of these issues get resolved? A lot of pages to read through. I'm seeking a solid company to work with that's willing to help get the truck to perform better. I heard so many good things about this company before finding this thread. Some of the bounce is just trucks longer wheel base, light in the rear, heavy spring and ****ty seems with concrete in some places. I have a few stretches of road here the whole truck shakes on that crap. My ram did it too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just installed my Back Country leveling kit and I am happy. I did nothing to the rear springs, those are stock. I don’t have a lot of miles on my truck since installing. So far so good, again I have maybe 20 miles in two weeks and my rear springs are stock. Seems like a lot of issues seemed to coming from the rear end for those who replaced their leafs. I too am interested to see how it ends for them.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I’ve had 2 trucks with full rear deavers, and one with the add-a-pack. I’ve also run all of the shock packages from 5100’s up to pintops. I haven’t run into any issues aside from the normal pops from time to time that are solved by re-torquing things.

·
Veteran
84 Posts
Haven't posted in a bit, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents....

My 2012 F-250 has the Carli 4.5" Pintop with full leaf pack. I've been running it for about 5 years and have been very happy with it. I have the high mount stabilizer and long travel air bags. I've taken it into the desert and dunes (not just the washes and flats), pulled a pretty large 5th wheel, and of course normal street driving. I have no experience with any of Carli's other lifts, so I can't speak on those.

Pretty sure others have noted (I don't have time at the moment to go back and confirm), that the most significant improvement is on the bigger impacts (whoops, wash-outs, roadway drainage at speed, etc.). In these situations I feel it is a night a day difference. I do notice an improvement in all driving conditions, it's just more apparent on the bigger impacts. Hell, I usually find myself speeding up for the bigger hits so I can bait any lesser equipped trucks to do the same thing, just so I can watch 'em bounce! (I know, not nice)

My only complaint about Carli is when I stopped by their old location after pulling a trailer in a rain storm.... @OCVeloMan gave me some grief for the alleged lack of use of the suspension capability based on the fact that there was road grime too high up on my shock shafts.... and it hurt my feeling! :cry:

On a serious note though, everyone has different expectations for what a suspension system or lift should feel like. Some prefer a soft mushy feel, others prefer a stiffer ride, and some don't care about either, they just want it to look good. In my opinion, I think the Carli system has a great balance of performance and comfort. As with anything, there are going to be instances where something isn't working just right from a bad part or install, or the ride isn't what the owner expected or prefers. I have seen the efforts Carli has made to resolve any issues that have come up over the years. I am considering getting new truck next year, and if that happens I intend on equipping it with a Carli system as soon as I can make it happen.

Again, just my 2 cents, you're mileage may vary...

Reactions: OCVeloMan

·
Vendor
2,932 Posts
Did many of these issues get resolved? A lot of pages to read through. I'm seeking a solid company to work with that's willing to help get the truck to perform better. I heard so many good things about this company before finding this thread. Some of the bounce is just trucks longer wheel base, light in the rear, heavy spring and ****ty seems with concrete in some places. I have a few stretches of road here the whole truck shakes on that crap. My ram did it too.
I offered to have shocks shipped in to check them out on all situations but i've not yet heard from anyone. We're always willing to do our part to make it right.

You're seeing complaints here because it's the place to go when there's an issue. With our brand, issues are rare but we're not claiming to be perfect. We're ALWAYS willing to help where we can!

·
Registered
2016 F250 Lariat FX4 - Carli 2.5" Backcountry
45 Posts
I offered to have shocks shipped in to check them out on all situations but i've not yet heard from anyone. We're always willing to do our part to make it right.

You're seeing complaints here because it's the place to go when there's an issue. With our brand, issues are rare but we're not claiming to be perfect. We're ALWAYS willing to help where we can!
I am actually waiting on another member to report back results. He sent his shocks in for a revalve to Accutune. Don’t really want to spend more money if this is frame bounce and not the shocks. I did get my springs to stop squeaking. The clamps were squeaking on mine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So I have had my backcountry kit installed for a month or two now. Just got done putting in the Carli sway bar. Like others have have said the real difference is when you have a little speed. I like to speed up for railroad tracks now. The sway bar is a very nice addition to the kit. I am happy with the Carli products but have to spend more to take care of the rear springs. They are stock. So far so god and the ride difference is notable.

The only thing I could complain about is not getting all the hardware required to the kit. The fox shocks did not come with the metal bushings and the sway bar was missing some bolts and washers. CJC off-road sent the bushing immediately and Home Depot had the bolts and washers I needed. Not a big deal more of a PIA.

And Hollywood is right it is fun to carry speed on bumps and watch others bounce around.

·
Registered
2020 F250 XLT FX4 4x4 CC Rapid Red
8 Posts
Hi Dan, I have a 2020 f250 fx4 4x4 I would like to do a level, but not sure which system to use? I pull a 36ft 5th wheel during the summer months about 12000lbs. I don't do any real off roading except to get fire wood occasionally. I would like to run 35 inch tires also, I would appreciate any input! Thanks again!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you install the Carli 4.5 front spring is there a way to do the rear without going to the Carli add a pack or full Deavers?

What size rear block would be needed?

I am looking for some measurements of the shaft fully extended for the following shocks?

1. Carli 2.5 front shock
2. Carli 4.5 front shock
3. Carli 2.5 or 4.5 rear shock

4041 - 4052 of 4052 Posts