Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok posted this on another forum and got nadda. A new '13 is on order (see signature). It is killing me having to wait. So to pass the time I am researching what to do with it when I get it.

First off, this is my first diesel and will be my first lift. After researching for the past couple of days I think I have narrowed it down to the following:

Carli Pin Top 2.5 suspension kit
Carli Full Spring Pack
Carli Hi-Mount Steering Stabilizer
17 X 9 Wheels (undecided on which ones)
Nitto Mud Grappler Tires 37/1350/17
AMP Research PowerStep​

I will install this myself so any advice / opinions would be greatly appreciated. If any one has the same or similar setup I would particularly be interested in your comments and pictures!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
If this will be your daily driver I would reconsider getting the mud grapplers that is one of the loudest tires you can get right after super swampers

·
Registered
845 Posts
Agreed, pick a different tire. Everything the Carli kit will achieve, that tire will kill. As far as the Carli system, it is simple to install, just takes some time...... but , you will not regret it . Only problem being, you'll never go with any other lift but them. Man , I wish they did 04's !!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments and warning on the tires. What would ya'll recomend, Toyo Open Country M/T's maybe? Road noise is not what I want to hear.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
Ok posted this on another forum and got nadda. A new '13 is on order (see signature). It is killing me having to wait. So to pass the time I am researching what to do with it when I get it.

First off, this is my first diesel and will be my first lift. After researching for the past couple of days I think I have narrowed it down to the following:

Carli Pin Top 2.5 suspension kit
Carli Full Spring Pack
Carli Hi-Mount Steering Stabilizer
17 X 9 Wheels (undecided on which ones)
Nitto Mud Grappler Tires 37/1350/17
AMP Research PowerStep​

I will install this myself so any advice / opinions would be greatly appreciated. If any one has the same or similar setup I would particularly be interested in your comments and pictures!
I agree with the others that you should look at different tires. My personal favorite are the Toyo MT's which I currently run on my Dodge. I run the 37" Hankooks on my Ford but I will end up changing those to Toyo's in the near future as well.

Other than that you have an awesome build list and I look forward to an end user's comment's on that kit with 37's and 17's.

Let me know if you have any questions on those items since we are Carli's biggest dealer.:woot:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I vote the toyo mts also

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the others that you should look at different tires. My personal favorite are the Toyo MT's which I currently run on my Dodge. I run the 37" Hankooks on my Ford but I will end up changing those to Toyo's in the near future as well.

Other than that you have an awesome build list and I look forward to an end user's comment's on that kit with 37's and 17's.

Let me know if you have any questions on those items since we are Carli's biggest dealer.:woot:
Toyo MT's it is. Thanks everyone!

Now I have another issue, I am being told by a friend (self-proclaimed diesel performance nut) that 17's may not work on the 2013's due to the larger calipers? He is strongly suggesting to go with 20's to be safe. Argh!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Most 17 will fit bigger the wheel the worse the ride

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
check with george, 8 lug truck gear.... the inside design of the barel will be critical for clearence. some wheel manufactures use different step in the barrel. i have had some wheels fit a vehicle and the same diameter not clear due to this issue.
This ^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well this sucks! My connection who was going to get the parts WS (so he claimed, never got actual pricing yet) and assist with the build just quit from my customers place where we are doing the build! At least I still have access to the garage for the weekend. Argh!!

I really want to do this myself instead of having it done. Sounds like a fun project for my son and I. Think I will just go straight to the CoilOver kit with the full springs.

George, you will be hearing from me tomorrow!

·
Registered
183 Posts
37's on stock 18's. My vote also goes to Toyo M/t's. Great on the highway and tough in the dirt!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ford still shows 17" wheels as a factory option on the 2013's so you should be fine.:thumb:
Thanks George for talking me through deciding on what Carli kit to go with especially for not taking advantage of the situation and selling me things I don't need. I will call you tomorrow and place the order.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
check with george, 8 lug truck gear.... the inside design of the barel will be critical for clearence. some wheel manufactures use different step in the barrel. i have had some wheels fit a vehicle and the same diameter not clear due to this issue.
I completely agree! When you have large disks/calipers and smaller diameter rims, you need to fit check them for the inner wheel design clearance. 20's not much of an issue....17's, I'd probably check the fitment before I dished out any dough.

Kevin

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discount tire said the smallest wheel that would fit my 2012 f350 single wheel would be a 19" and laughed when i showed him my 17s in the back of my truck. The wheels fit and I no longer use discount.

·
Registered
379 Posts
mostly street driving? consider 20" wheel. With a 37" there is still enough sidewall to look good on a 20" wheel. And the shorter sidewall will handle better on the street. If you off road a lot, go with the 17" wheel. Tires are more for the 20" though...

·
Vendor
2,932 Posts
17" wheels with 37" tires will handle better all around. The larger sidewall will compliment the dampening and control of the 2.5" shocks. The 20" on 37" tires will ride stiffer thus you'll get less sidewall deflection and can rail corners a bit quicker but overall, I would pick the 17" every time.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts