Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I've had quite a few of you asking about the upcoming 2.5" kits from Carli suspension so I thought that I would just start a thread that I could keep everyone updated in. Some of the info below is cut and paste from other posts that I have made about the new kits.

Carli is still about 3-4 weeks awsy from having the production coisl in house but hopefully we will have some more definite pricing figured out by then.

Here is a 2010 F350 that they have used to prototype the kit on. This kit will use a mini-pack to replace the factory overload and on F350's you will run the shorter F250 block. According to Sage Carli the ride is a huge improvement even though the customer is running a relatively stiff wheel/tire combo.

On a customer's truck:

Front:

Back:

Add-a-Pack and King 2.5 Piggy Back:

King 2.5 and Coil:

Adjustable Track Bar:

[/

It will be extremely well thought out for a 2.5" kit. The plan is for kits using King 2.5's, Bilstein 5100's, and a few other tricks I am sure. The kits will use mini packs to replace the stiff overload leaf while eliminating the need to run a tall block.

Carli just got in a few sets of the prototype 2.5" coils that they will be using in their leveling kits. One set is going on their '06 shop truck and the other set went on a local customers 2010 above. Then Sage is going to start working on the shock valving for the King Pintop 2.5's that he had spec'd for this kit. This shock setup will be using their own proprietary piston.

Proposed items that would be included in the kits:

This is merely an estimate by me and not by Carli but I would say that the 2.5 level kit for an 08-10 using the King Pintop 2.5s would be around $3500.

The kit will most likely include the following:

2.5" coils
Rear mini packs
Adjustable chromoly track bar
front reservoir mounts
Caster alignment cams
front brakeline relocation brackets
Custom Carli King 2.5 shocks front and rear

·
Registered
104 Posts
Any word on production release?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Subscribed for more info!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
120 Posts
How much are those Kings??? and are they really worth $2200 more?
Im not trying to be difficult, but $2200 is a lot just for Kings

I did 2.5 level using Icon progressive rate spring that came with camber cams, used Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks F&B and the parts were $1280

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
How much are those Kings??? and are they really worth $2200 more?
Im not trying to be difficult, but $2200 is a lot just for Kings

I did 2.5 level using Icon progressive rate spring that came with camber cams, used Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks F&B and the parts were $1280
The King shock package is $2,080.00 and it's more than a king shock. Everything about the shock is custom. We use a Carli custome machined piston, custom valve stack, custom length shaft, custom lenth body and have a pintop welded to the top as to not lose travel by adding a clevis mount. Nothing is off-the-shelf about these shocks.

In addition to that, we supply an add-a-pack for the rear to maintain hauling capacity while taking the edge off (By removing the factory overload), provide you with an adjustable track bar and custom tuned shocks all around wiht the caster kit. No camber kit as only caster changes; camber won't unlesss you bend you axle or have bad ball joints. Essentially, it's a suspension system front and rear, not just front.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
We will be doing a custom, full spring pack for the leveling system. Although, it is not currently available. Which tire size are you looking for as I posted two trucks. My truck, the 2006, has 325/60 R17 and I'm unsure of the size on the 2011 above.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Any 6.4 pics?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sorry should have added a word, Got any more 6.4 pictures? :) Got to feed my addiction!

·
Registered
517 Posts
;) I knew that was coming! Soon enough....

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Yes, they rub on the radius arm as I have too much backspacing on the stock wheels. I have 4.5" backspace wheels sitting in the shop waiting for powder coat but haven't had a chance to drop them off yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This suspension package looks top notch. The new 37's look killer and I'm sure even better with new rims

1 - 20 of 60 Posts